Beta Testing of MetaTrader 5 Has Started! - page 14

n8937g:

Yes guys.... the people at MetaTrader don't realize the level of trouble MT5 has created......by not allowing Hedge...and back compatibility. We all wish them well but are now cultivating our alternatives....

Totally Agree With you, it was the leading Platform in the Forex Market but they choose there future !

Kalakaua2 wrote >>

I am also considering the alternatives at this time. MT5 isn't even close to ready for prime time. They need to do a lot of work in a very short period of time; they have really left a lot of traders and developers out to dry.

I agree, there is a lot to do (still after 2 years of work?)on MT5, and I am confused on how to know if a choosen broker will still work with mt4 in one or two years.. (will it be easy to support mt4 again and again with mt5 in parralel or it is not an option ? as it is the broker choise, I wont take it for cash

I think it's great some of you are giving up. This provides less competition and an edge for those of us who remain.. If you are only able to trade one strategy, you will surely fail anyways when the markets change as they are now...

technamental:
I think it's great some of you are giving up. This provides less competition and an edge for those of us who remain.. If you are only able to trade one strategy, you will surely fail anyways when the markets change as they are now...

You seems to be either a programmer or Just searching every time a new EA Or indicator comes out so you can download it and test it and maybe trade it,

because both of this kind of people wont find any difficulty moving to MT5.

Have you invested in developing Custom indicators, Iam sure no.

Hi,

Is the MT5 ready to be used at Windows 7?

edfiuza wrote >>

Hi,

Is the MT5 ready to be used at Windows 7?

Yep. I'm toying w/ it on Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

stringo wrote >>

1. We'll check it

2. DDE functionality won't be added

3. Chart detach is impossible

4. Spread value stored in rates structure now

5. It will be. But there is no 'open prices' model.

6. You can do it with custom indicator (there are DRAW_BARS and DRAW_CANDLES style)

7. I don't know exactly

8. No tick charts because too much resources on the server side used

2. What?! Why? What is the reasoning behind this decision?

This is my MQL4 to MQL5 porting table .

Maybe useful for someone.

# ver.0.2

# Fixed a spelling error.

# Added extern,iMA,iMAOnArray.

fai wrote >>

This is my MQL4 to MQL5 porting table .

Maybe useful for someone.

Very nice work.... BUT...I don't see how they could possibly say MQL5 is very similar to MQL4 ...about the only similarity is they both use the alphabet...

you guys suck! you've removed essentially all the good features of MT4.
Reason: