MT5 a step backwards?? - page 12

7bit:

Not necessarily harder or more difficult, just a bit different.

I'm going to disagree with you on this one, largely because it appears that any MT5 EA needs to use some variety of virtual position system, persisted to the local hard disk, if it wants to be compatible with other EAs running on the same symbol and account. See halfway down https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/125907/page2 onwards. I'd agree that some things would be easier to do in MT5, if it weren't for this particular elephant in the room...

ckingher:
I know that you are either a "LIAR" or an "INEXPERIENCED" hedger. But heck, I don't get pay to train you. Therefore, keep on doing what you are doing. All I know is that, I will become really rich in the future. Heck, it is my success that is most important. I don't need students.

You fail to answer any of the substantive points I raise, and you SHOUT instead. You can't do the simple arithmetic to work out what a buy order from 1.2000 to 1.5000 is in pip terms. You don't have a history in this topic of posting 1000 lines of code in support of your argument. I'm not really concerned about how credible I appear compared to you.

ckingher:
If there are "EXACT" EQUIVALENCES to HEDGING, then the NFA must be really stupid.
Banning HEDGING is pointless and meaningless if there exist equivalances.

The rumor is that the NFA banned hedging because of the ignorance of US retail investors. There were lots of people who thought it was completely impossible to get taken out by a margin call if they had hedged orders balancing their position, and the NFA got fed up of receiving complaints from these people when their accounts did get taken out. So, the NFA introduced the no-hedging rule on the grounds of consumer protection, because too many retail market participants needed to be protected from their own ignorance.

jjc:

You fail to answer any of the substantive points I raise, and you SHOUT instead. You can't do the simple arithmetic to work out what a buy order from 1.2000 to 1.5000 is in pip terms. You don't have a history in this topic of posting 1000 lines of code in support of your argument. I'm not really concerned about how credible I appear compared to you.

The rumor is that the NFA banned hedging because of the ignorance of US retail investors. There were lots of people who thought it was completely impossible to get taken out by a margin call if they had hedged orders balancing their position, and the NFA got fed up of receiving complaints from these people when their accounts did get taken out. So, the NFA introduced the no-hedging rule on the grounds of consumer protection, because too many retail market participants needed to be protected from their own ignorance.

Sure, must be one of those smartass "INEXPERIENCED" hedger claiming they know everything about hedging.

Regardless, NFA is banning HEDGING. This means there ARE NO OTHER EQUIVALENCES to hedging.

Else BANNING hedge trades would be pointless. Do you understand English??????

ckingher:

MT4 is not FIFO crippled. It is the new NFA rules that tries to crippled MT4.

MT4 in its original form can be used without major restrictions, also with FIFO and no-hedge alone one can still trade every trading system under the sun but not with Mt4 and FIFO at the same time. FIFO adds restrictions to MT4 that make it incomplete (thats why I call it crippled). MT5 solves this problem.

Consider the following chart:

#stoploss A

#sell A (0.1 lot)

#stoploss B

#sell B (0.2 lot)

<-- current price

This is not possible with FIFO MT4. Not even with pending buy-stops instead of stoplosses. You need MT5 to do this. If they were both of the same lot size you could simply exchange the stops against each other after opening the second sell and after a third sell immediately re-order them again and again and again. But if they have different lot size it gets ugly or even practically impossible. You need to split them from the beginning on into equally sized smaller trades and then have fun rearranging and reordering all these stoplosses immediately after every new trade!

In MT5 I can just use buy-stops instead of the stoplosses and the problem is gone.

7bit:

MT4 in its original form can be used without major restrictions, also with FIFO and no-hedge alone one can still trade every trading system under the sky but not with Mt4 and FIFO at the same time. FIFO adds restrictions to MT4 that make it incomplete (thats why I call it crippled).

Consider the following chart:

#stoploss A

#sell A (0.1 lot)

#stoploss B

#sell B (0.2 lot)

<-- current price

This is not possible with FIFO MT4. Not even with pending buy-stops instead of stoplosses. You need MT5 to do this. If they were both of the same lot size you could simply exchange the stops against each other after opening the second sell and after a third sell immediately re-order them again and again and again. But if they have different lot size it gets ugly or even practically impossible. You need to split them from the beginning on into equally sized smaller trades and then have fun rearranging and reordering all these stoplosses immediately after every new trade!

Dude, why bother with MT5 when MT4 is perfect as it is. If you are having such a hard time with FIFO, get an oversea account or something.

MT5 is fairly new and most likely have all kinds of bugs and problems. MT5 is not stable like MT4 yet. Besides this, MT5 has beautiful features which

I don't hardly used. Do you buy a book that has neat features like audio playback with video clips?

For me, NO! I want a book with relevant contents for me not a bunch of fancy useless features.

I am not here to be entertain or fascinated; I am here to make money!

Jesus Christ! I thought (or hoped) this topic was behind us...

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/117708/page5#269081

gordon:

Jesus Christ! I thought (or hoped) this topic was behind us...

Not gonna happen. There are too many people who just don't get the fact that the ability to run hedging strategies != the ability to place hedged orders. I've been given any number of examples of hedged orders, and shown that there is an equivalent series of non-hedged orders, but every time I do that the poster's response is basically "well, that must be a special case then", despite the fact that they chose the example. I've even posted a huge block of code (page 6) showing a hedging strategy running without the use of hedged orders, but even that's not doing the trick in getting the message across.

" You may chose to continue trading on the MetaTrader 4 terminal, without fearing that its technical support will be discontinued with the official release of the new MetaTrader 5 platform. The advantage of the MetaTrader 4 terminal is the huge database of accumulated codes and articles, which can be found on the following web site MQL4.community. At the same time, the new features, provided by the MetaTrader 5 platform, will only multiply, and you will naturally learn how to use more and more of its new services MQL5.community. " https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/84 This quote from the article should be announced more publicly. If it's true &they're consistent then we can all lay it to rest. MT5 &MT4 side by side

unsubscribe

I see jjc has been busy arguing with the village mule.

Family Guy - Like Arguing with a Mule

Reason: