Strategy to discourage Stop Loss Hunting - page 3

FXCode:
Stop that crazy paranoia, fellas..

Nobody is hunting your stops.. I'm telling you - nobody is hunting your stops.. They're hunting mine!

Concentrate on your Discipline and your System. I have a friend which is a great trader. Doubles his account every 1-2 months. The guy never said a single word about stop-hunting...

Simply a myth.

after i think logically, i realize that big broker / banker shouldn't have time to monitor every profit accounts' transactions in that much detail. And ECN broker don't have ability to change spread manually

airbeat:
Does anyone run different EA's on different brokers MT4 platforms at the same time on the same computer? I want to do this but am not sure if the mt4 platform will operate two different EA's at the same time. I have tried it but it seems one of the EA's will not run when the other is open.

Hi airbeat,

The answer is YES. I have multiple platforms running at the same time with feeds from 2 completely different brokers and multiple EAs and I've been doing this for a long time and everything works just fine.

Feel free to ask if you have other questions, but PM me because this is not the original subject of the thread

Happy trading,

Ms_Mel

It may work if all the traders follow the same method. If only you don't put Stop Loss then there are still a lot of traders who may place the Stop Loss at the same level. If some broker is really going after them then it won't matter.

The only way you can beat the broker by is by beating other traders

There's just one problem...

Most Brokers, especially US Brokers don't allow you to place two Orders, whether pending or direct, in diverging positions. Meaning you can't have a Buy and a Sell order on the same Pair at once. Not even an Open trade and a Pending one .

The reason why is because of a very similar strategy called Hedging that was outlawed by the NFA on similar terms as to why Scalping is banned because "it presents no long-term profits" ...which just means they can't Stop-Hunt you out of it

Now if the Orders were Client-Sided and were automatically executed by an EA, that would be a different story

strategy called Hedging that was outlawed by the NFA on similar terms as to why Scalping is banned

What?

I can hedge and scalp in my U.S. account.

truly moronic

no broker hunts stops.

open a free NinjaTrader account and load any of the currency futures contracts and

look at the formation of the price bars on a 1min chart. there'll be some slight differences

and the prices from fx broker to broker and the futures contract will be different especially

is there's backwardization, but basically the charts will be Identical

all currency futures are exchange traded

a major difference is the exact volume of contracts traded can be seen, so if after

a few orders at 1, 5, 3, 7, 1, 1 go through and then a 5,000 contracts order goes

through, you have an idea why the price spiked

brokers - not even fx brokers - do Not control the Bid Ask Buy Sell Close/Exit of trades

prices are 'controlled' by traders.

if your Stop got hit too bad - don't use them

if your Stop Profit got hit, congratulations, you made a profit

Reason: