MT5 a step backwards?? - page 3

Agreed. I was referring to the specific example n8937g gave, which is a common example, but in my opinion does not make any sense. I don't think EA's in your example need to be re-written as a single EA that doesn't open opposite positions, I am pretty sure writing a universal trade management 'wrapper' for all EA's that takes care of that should not be too complicated. The concepts are simple enough, and you are likely to save on some spreads.

Gordon...I'm not going to start at square one explaining the concept of...hedging or whatever you'd like to call it (it's having both Buys and Sells open) or whether it's profitable...It really is incredible how you people that can't visualize the concept of how hedging makes a ton of money are totally oblivious to the way it works...My Account History is VERY profitable using it. Metaquotes fully understands how they're screwing traders by not allowing it in MT5 and I guess they're willing to accept the loss of support from the trading/programming community.... They are NOT the only company with a platform and I'm very dismayed they are making such a serious mistake with their program.

Here's an example of two opposite virtual orders open using the Virtual Order Manager I mentioned above: Virtual Buy 0.1 lots and Virtual Sell 0.3 lots = MetaTrader 5 position of Sell 0.2 lots.

Paul

http://paulsfxrandomwalk.blogspot.com

Exactly my point...instead of making a profit on both the buy and sell.... the positions are canceled out leaving us traders with SMALL COINS....PENNIES INSTEAD OF PROFIT IN DOLLARS OF BOTH POSITIONS!!

n8937g:
Gordon...I'm not going to start at square one explaining the concept of...

Why don't u? I'd highly appreciate if u can explain it. I agreed with phampton's explanation about hedging, cause his explanation made sense - I agree that different strategies might have opposite orders at some point or another and indeed running them all at the same time would be much more complicated with MT5, although still doable in my opinion.

But please do explain your example, cause I don't understand why it's any good. As I said, waiting until the point where u closed the buy and then opening a sell only at that point would have brought u to a much better situation, u would save one spread. Help me be less "oblivious to the way it works".

phampton:

Here's an example of two opposite virtual orders open using the Virtual Order Manager I mentioned above: Virtual Buy 0.1 lots and Virtual Sell 0.3 lots = MetaTrader 5 position of Sell 0.2 lots.

Paul

http://paulsfxrandomwalk.blogspot.com

Sorry, so you were talking about what I was talking. Well, that was exactly my point. It's completely doable. Cheers! I'll make sure to check your blog.

gordon:

Sorry, so you were talking about what I was talking. Well, that was exactly my point. It's completely doable. Cheers! I'll make sure to check your blog.

So INCREDIBLE how BLIND some traders are.... The obvious is oblivious to you... It's so basic like 2 plus 2 equal 4...Hope you're not trading with real money..

Gordon I'll try to find the threads for you in the morning..... to help you understand.. You really are missing a HUGE profit center...

n8937g:
Gordon I'll try to find the threads for you in the morning..... to help you understand.. You really are missing a HUGE profit center...

Thank you. I'm looking forward to it.

Gordon...Study the FIRST post in the thread below...understand the question, see both sides of the discussion... do you see the difference?? PM or email me... I'll be glad to help....

https://forum.mql4.com/27308
Reason: