multiple terrminals.

does anybody know how i can set up metatrader to display different charts on my pc. i have 6 monitors and would like different charts on 5 screens. do i need metatrader multi terminal?

please tell me if you know

regards

hello,,,good question,,I am also looking to find out a way to use 3 displays or more. thanks to anybody could help us.

but as far as I know there is no need to use multi terminal. I think there should be special built in function in Windows.

victor1967 wrote >>

hello,,,good question,,I am also looking to find out a way to use 3 displays or more. thanks to anybody could help us.

but as far as I know there is no need to use multi terminal. I think there should be special built in function in Windows.

hi victor,

any idea what the windows function may be. i ve tried all sorts, even downloading multiple platforms but cant get any to work. i have seen mt4 multi platform and am waiting fo rinfo on it.

andy

Hi guys

This is nothing to do with MT multi-terminal, that is for managing multiple accounts with one UI

If you want the two screens thing, you need a compatible video card with two outputs or two video cards - see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307873

When the hardware is set up, you copy the relevant MT folder to another name and then load the terminal.exe from each folder
Once they are both loaded, you will have extra left/right buttons near your max/min buttons in the top right of the screen and you can move an app from one monitor to another

It helps to have saved Profiles for different chart sets (watch out that switching Profiles will normally switch EA's off)

Any complex indicator sets should also be saved as Chart Templates

Good Luck

-BB-

BarrowBoy wrote >>

Hi guys

This is nothing to do with MT multi-terminal, that is for managing multiple accounts with one UI

If you want the two screens thing, you need a compatible video card with two outputs or two video cards - see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307873

When the hardware is set up, you copy the relevant MT folder to another name and then load the terminal.exe from each folder
Once they are both loaded, you will have extra left/right buttons near your max/min buttons in the top right of the screen and you can move an app from one monitor to another

It helps to have saved Profiles for different chart sets (watch out that switching Profiles will normally switch EA's off)

Any complex indicator sets should also be saved as Chart Templates

Good Luck

-BB-

hi BB,

thanks for the support.

i have 6 monitors on my pc but i am not a techy.l it has been designed for me by the big guys but all i want is to display maybe 4 or 5 differnt charts so i can visually see any trade setups in different pairs.

can you expand on how i copy an mt folder and load the terminal.exe as i dont have a betty boo.

hope you can help me and sorry for being slow. my pc is running xp with intel 9600 duo with 2 gig of ram if that helps (what does it mean.....?)

regards

Andy

You can also reduce the charts and put them side by side. Six charts can easily be viewed at the same time without doing anything very special. When there is some interesting mouvement it is then easy to double click on the chart you want to expand and see more in details. 

andyibet:

hi BB,

thanks for the support.

i have 6 monitors on my pc but i am not a techy.l it has been designed for me by the big guys but all i want is to display maybe 4 or 5 differnt charts so i can visually see any trade setups in different pairs.

can you expand on how i copy an mt folder and load the terminal.exe as i dont have a betty boo.

hope you can help me and sorry for being slow. my pc is running xp with intel 9600 duo with 2 gig of ram if that helps (what does it mean.....?)

regards

Andy

go to "my computer", "C:", "program files" and right click on the metatrader 4 folder, click copy, then paste it on your desktop 3 or 4 times (right-click paste) and then manually navigate in to each folder and double click "terminal.exe" to start new instances of mt4 and run them simultaniously. Or just hire your neighbors kid to come and do it for you.

endo77 wrote >>

go to "my computer", "C:", "program files" and right click on the metatrader 4 folder, click copy, then paste it on your desktop 3 or 4 times (right-click paste) and then manually navigate in to each folder and double click "terminal.exe" to start new instances of mt4 and run them simultaniously. Or just hire your neighbors kid to come and do it for you.

cheers endo, works nicely. didnt get next doors kids tho, think thats why its taken me a month. good luck trading

Hi all.

I use 2 screens. If the resolution is the same, is easy. Do not maximize the MT4 terminal. Restore it so that U can ajust the size. Then more the window accorss all the screens. The simply move the chart windows where U want.

Hope this helps.

Well it looks like the guys at Metaquotes just don't like detached charts. I am currently days away from releasing a beta version of an addin that will detach charts on both mt4 and mt5, pm me if you are interested in beta testing it.

Reason: