Do you think you can order a profitable EA from market session in mql5.com? - page 2

angevoyageur:
I would like to draw your attention to the following article which is excellent at describing a procedure to follow to test an EA before taking a decision about buying it or not.
Ang, I haven't read the article however I do have an idea of how a system should perform, the system has to make a profit, proof yes, the system needs a stop loss, a must, the system also needs to prove the ratio of trades leans toward the profit at least 1.5:1 so for each loss (1) the profit is 1.5 so if we have a 50/50 situation we will always make a profit, minimum requirements. 

rob:

without being too much of a critic (who am I ?) but your trades are extreme in loss in accordance with your actual profit, if any one chance your trade closes out you will loose a large %age of what you make profit, I  created a similar system, the trades would have a large draw down of funds until a profit was met, nothing short of tossing a coin and waiting, no offence intended but the graph looks great, just getting there is a journey in itself.  

I agree with that. Yours signals will probably soon or later blow out your accounts. Or at least, you will take big loss. Hope they don't do the same to subsriber's one.

You simply don't close losing trade. It's short term and not at all long term, are you aware of that ?

angevoyageur:

I agree with that. Yours signals will probably soon or later blow out your accounts. Or at least, you will take big loss. Hope they don't do the same to subsriber's one.

You simply don't close losing trade. It's short term and not at all long term, are you aware of that ?

Totally aware of the long term, however, cannot agree with "You simply don't close losing trade" (in a good way as you do have a balanced view) but it is a must to cut losses, I looked at CeleronS: (sorry Celerons) but a loss can become an even greater loss, you only have to look at the GBP/USD when the GBP was at it's "dizzy" heights,will it ever come around? move on and accept or live with bitterness. 

rob:
Totally aware of the long term, however, cannot agree with "You simply don't close losing trade" (in a good way as you do have a balanced view) but it is a must to cut losses, I looked at CeleronS: (sorry Celerons) but a loss can become an even greater loss, you only have to look at the GBP/USD when the GBP was at it's "dizzy" heights,will it ever come around? move on and accept or live with bitterness. 

Sorry rob, my previous post is not clear. I totally agree with you rob. And the rest of my intervention is addressed to Celerons not to you. So to be clearer:

To Celerons :

Yours signals will probably soon or later blow out your accounts. Or at least, you will take big loss. Hope they don't do the same to subsriber's one.

My signals (no promotion intended) have been nothing to get excited about but I have monitored them, the demo account has taken a hit only because of experimentation realtime, the signals may work on an optomizer but, realtime, totally different.

I have kept my goal intact though, the trades are run and the profit cut, so looking ahead, I can only keep to the parameters and be patient the system performs, this is all any provider can do, the past in no guarantee to the future. 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

angevoyageur:
Sorry rob, my previous post is not clear. I totally agree with you rob. And the rest of my intervention is addressed to Celerons not to you.
No problem at all, In creating and selling signals or the EA itself there are always good results shown, and why not, to have an idea and not to show it to the world would be criminal, but, is what you are showing a system, you (the creator) has convinced yourself its foolproof, if so then the only way forward is "forward testing" this is what we can achieve on this forum, if I was to state one thing it would be not to trade any signal or EA for a limited time of 12 months, my signals included, we will only get a truer picture of what "we" actually see live.
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Object Types
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Object Types
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Object Types - Documentation on MQL5

Hey Guys! Thanks for your insight! :)

Well, what can I say?

My original intentions are to make minimum of 100% ROI annually(or 8.3% monthly) via Forex. For me I just can't wait more for that kinda margin trades. And yeah, probably those single currency pair systems will go down some day. I'm more interested in multi currency system, because it's just nearly impossible that 7 pairs will go wrong at same time, there are always some that shivers or drops back to make additional profit pillows for everybody.

Anyways: You are right - time will tell!

rob:

Ang, I haven't read the article however I do have an idea of how a system should perform, the system has to make a profit, proof yes, the system needs a stop loss, a must, the system also needs to prove the ratio of trades leans toward the profit at least 1.5:1 so for each loss (1) the profit is 1.5 so if we have a 50/50 situation we will always make a profit, minimum requirements. 

Duude I have tried this stuff. In real life it doesn't work . You need like 2win:1loss ratio just to fight off spreds and some crazy unwanted spikes. For my system my main reason is to hold on open positions and make positive swap, so writing out stop loss ticket will be looser move. (You wouldn't believe how much returns are every day on sight.) I better let stop out come and take all my account (if market really proves to be that sick). Just have to risk this bet no more than year and then it's risk-less game.

Have fun with your ideas! :)))

CeleronS,

This topic is a interresting one. We all learn every day, the main thing is that you get lessons from your experience with all this.

it's just nearly impossible that 7 pairs will go wrong at same time

I think you are wrong, you have 3 pairs with € and 2 with $, if EURUSD would be in a rush, this may become very bad for you. 

If suggest you to have at least, a protection to cut open orders if your equity reach your starting balance. In trading, the main is to protect your capital. No capital, no trading.

Kindly.

EURUSD can't go both ways in same time, so if eur or usd decides to make big move there always be other pair half that is checking in profit orders . Ok I won't talk deeper about that cuz thats can dmg. my intellectual property.  (Probably already has :D)

About protection idea:

Thats kinda neat idea. But I have to test my broker speed first.

On daily basis multicrr holds open 50 orders on average. If market go mental and I got "minus starting balance" situation (That will be like 200 orders alive.) - that will be crazy hard to close in short time even for EA :D.  I'm just afraid that market will eat up everything before EA will be able to close everything down.

Remember, when market goes mental everybody trades like their pants are on fire and that means brokers will be very busy. If it can provide 1close/second thats ok - takes me only 3.3minutes. But if it goes like 1close/5sec it will be 16.6Min and that just can be too late. :)

On topic now!

Mr codeidea whats is your experience with EA's that's available in market?

CeleronS:

Hey Guys! Thanks for your insight! :)

Well, what can I say?

My original intentions are to make minimum of 100% ROI annually(or 8.3% monthly) via Forex. 

100% annually is not 8.3% a month unless you don't compound and why would anyone not want to compound ?  6% per month compounded will give more than 100% PA.
Reason: