order type integer?

hi, i want to check if order is sell orbuy type,and this require an integer...but wich one is buy and wich one the sell? cant find infoin help file...

i can not do this; if (OrderGetInteger(ORDER_TYPE)==ORDER_TYPE_BUY)??somebody can show mewhere i can find int value of a buy and sell order?

the only thing i can see is this...   https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/constants/tradingconstants/orderproperties#enum_order_type 

Identifier

Description

ORDER_TYPE_BUY

Market Buy order

ORDER_TYPE_SELL

Market Sell order

ORDER_TYPE_BUY_LIMIT

Buy Limit pending order

ORDER_TYPE_SELL_LIMIT

Sell Limit pending order

ORDER_TYPE_BUY_STOP

Buy Stop pending order

ORDER_TYPE_SELL_STOP

Sell Stop pending order

ORDER_TYPE_BUY_STOP_LIMIT

Upon reaching the order price, a pending Buy Limit order is places at the StopLimit price

ORDER_TYPE_SELL_STOP_LIMIT

Upon reaching the order price, a pending Sell Limit order is places at the StopLimit price

Identifier

Description

ORDER_TYPE_BUY

Market Buy order

ORDER_TYPE_SELL

Market Sell order

ORDER_TYPE_BUY_LIMIT

Buy Limit pending order

ORDER_TYPE_SELL_LIMIT

Sell Limit pending order

ORDER_TYPE_BUY_STOP

Buy Stop pending order

ORDER_TYPE_SELL_STOP

Sell Stop pending order

ORDER_TYPE_BUY_STOP_LIMIT

Upon reaching the order price, a pending Buy Limit order is places at the StopLimit price

ORDER_TYPE_SELL_STOP_LIMIT

Upon reaching the order price, a pending Sell Limit order is places at the StopLimit price

thank you

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties - Documentation on MQL5

See function OrderGetInteger:

OrderGetInteger

Returns the requested order property, pre-selected using OrderGetTicket or OrderSelect. Order property must be of the datetime, int type. There are 2 variants of the function.

1. Immediately returns the property value.

long  OrderGetInteger(
   ENUM_ORDER_PROPERTY  property_id        // Property identifier
   );

2. Returns true or false depending on the success of the function. If successful, the value of the property is placed into a target variable passed by reference by the last parameter.

bool  OrderGetInteger(
   ENUM_ORDER_PROPERTY  property_id,       // Property identifier
   long&                long_var           // Here we accept the property value
   );

Parameters

property_id

[in]  Identifier of the order property. The value can be one of the values of the ENUM_ORDER_PROPERTY_INTEGER enumeration.

long_var

[out]  Variable of the long type that accepts the value of the requested property.

Return Value

Value of the long type.

Where you can get order type:

ENUM_ORDER_PROPERTY_INTEGER

Identifier

Description

Type

ORDER_TIME_SETUP

Order setup time

datetime

ORDER_TYPE

Order type

ENUM_ORDER_TYPE

ORDER_STATE

Order state

ENUM_ORDER_STATE

ORDER_TIME_EXPIRATION

Order expiration time

datetime

OrderSend() generates and Order > Order closes when Order becomes a Deal > Deal closes when Deal becomes the Position you see in Toolbox/Trade tab.

OrderGetInteger(ORDER_TYPE) is for pending orders. See OrderGetTicket() in MGL5 Reference Manual.

To find ORDER_TYPE of last OrderSend() call from EA or Manual Trade.

This following examples work for EA that opens 1 position at a time per Symbol(). When a position is open, then we want to find ORDER_TYPE of last Deal.  Because there is opposing ORDER_TYPE Deal to close existing open position, we then must look at 2 Deals back to get ORDER_TYPE.

string LastOrderType;
   uint total=0;
   HistorySelect(0,TimeCurrent()); // Selects all closed Orders and Deals
   total=HistoryDealsTotal(); // Sets "total" to number of all closed Deals

if( PositionSelect(_Symbol) )
      {
         HistoryDealGetTicket(total); // Select Ticket number of last closed Deal
         if( PositionsTotal() > 0 )
            {
               LastOrderType = HistoryDealGetInteger(total,ORDER_TYPE); // Selects ORDER_TYPE of last Deal in the opened position
            }
      }
         else LastOrderType = HistoryDealGetInteger(total-1,ORDER_TYPE); // Selects ORDER_TYPE of 2 Deals back in the last closed position

Print("LastOrderType ",LastOrderType);

It would easier to used this to find ORDER_TYPE.  ORDER_TYPE remains the same until new opposing  position is opened.

string LastOrderType;
  if( PositionSelect(_Symbol) )
    {
      if( PositionsTotal() > 0 )
        {
          LastOrderType = PositionGetInteger(ORDER_TYPE);
        }
    }
  Print("LastOrderType ",LastOrderType);

ok, i'll try to do it short and clear. I only want to check if a pending order is of buy type or sell type.

So when I get the INTeger of the order_type, I can not find to what INTeger to compare it to. For example:

if (OrderGetInteger(ORDER_TYPE) == 1 )

or 

if (OrderGetInteger(ORDER_TYPE) == -1 )

it can not be this:

if (OrderGetInteger(ORDER_TYPE)=="ORDER_TYPE_BUY")  because "ORDER_TYPE_BUY" is a string...

but where can i find the integer value representing a buy and a sell for PENDING ORDER TYPE ?

Thank you for trying to explain rosh and wackena but i think you did not understand my question

ok i found the answer... by printing the value of an order type of a sell order i get integer 5 and for a buy order type i get integer 4 .. but i can not find somewhere in the help file these value and i had to check them ..  would be appreciated to have a table with the int value of a integer type

so i have to write it like this

if (OrderGetInteger(ORDER_TYPE) == 5 )

would be a sell pending order

if (OrderGetInteger(ORDER_TYPE) == 4 ) 

would be a buy pending order 

but for all property of int type i can not find any INTEGER value in the table ? do we have to check for all ? 

if(OrderGetInteger(ORDER_TYPE) == ORDER_TYPE_SELL_LIMIT)   

the above worked just fine

i guess that, as a reserved word, there is no difference if you put the number or type the order type 

perhaps you have to make sure its really the type of order you send

regards

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Requests to execute trade operations are formalized as orders. Each order has a variety of properties for reading. Information on them can be obtained using functions Position identifier that is set to an order as soon as it is executed. Each executed order results in a deal that opens or modifies an already existing position. The identifier of...

ricar: i guess that, as a reserved word, there is no difference if you put the number or type the order type

Don't hard code numbers; it's not an int; use the proper enumeration.

Reason: