BeST Darvas Boxes MT5
BeST_Darvas Boxes is a Metatrader Indicator based on the trading method developed in the 50’s by the Hungarian Nicolas Darvas. BeST_Darvas Boxes indicator
- draws the Top and the Bottom of every Darvas Box that can be confirmed on the current Chart
- draws Buy and Sell Arrows for every confirmed Upwards or Downwards Breakout of the above levels
- draws always only after the bar closing and so is non-repainting or backpainting
- it can be used as a standalone trading system/method
- LB Period - LB # of bars for calculating the Darvas Boxes
- Entries Mode – for selecting how to Enter the Market i.e. in a Single Entry or in a 2_Additional Entries
- Exits Mode (only for Single_Entry_Mode) – for selecting how to Exit a position.Works only for the Single Entry Mode while for the 2 Additional Entries Mode is by default the Reverse Mode
- Position_1,2 and 3 Lot Size for 2_Additional_Entries_Mode – for the correct calculation of the Average Entry Price if we use the 2_ Additional_Entries_Mode
Exit Modes' Settings
- TP and SL Levels – for selecting TP and SL pip values if Exiting with a SL/TP
- MAvgs Parameters – for selecting the parameters of 2 Mov.Averages if Exiting with their crossings
Displaying Settings - for selecting which chart objects and features to show/activate
Graphical Settings – for selecting the color and size of drawn objects like Vertical Line locating the last Entry Signal and the corresponding Entry Price Level Horizontal Line and TP/SL Levels
Note: Color and size of all other’s drawn objects (like Exit MAs,Arrows,…) are controled in the tab Colors
Arrows Settings - for controlling the Arrows use for Entry and Exit Signals
Panel Settings - for controlling the use of the Trade Info Panel
Note: All Panel Infos are Real Time Updated while the Panel is fully color adjustable and can be moved anywhere in the chart
Alert Settings - for controlling the use of Entry and Exit alerts
For EA Developers
Top of a Box : Buffer = 1
Bottom of a Box : Buffer = 2
Buy Arrow :
1st position for the 2_Additional_Entries_Mode) Buffer = 3
Sell Arrow :
1st position for the 2_Additional_Entries_Mode) Buffer = 4
Add_Buy_2 Arrow: Buffer = 5
Add_Sell_2 Arrow: Buffer = 6
Add_Buy_3 Arrow: Buffer = 7
Add_Sell_3 Arrow: Buffer = 8
Custom_Exit_Signal: Buffer = 9
Exit_fastMA: Buffer = 10
Exit_slowMA: Buffer = 11
2) Improving internal functions for Arrows' and text distances
3) Improving internal functions for calculating Open Profit
· An Info Panel in the upper left corner of the Chart replacing the older Comment Info Table which now contains additionally the following:
o At both Classic Reverse Mode and 2_Additional Entries Mode now are displaying
1.The Traded Symbol and its pip value of 0.01 lot in €.
o At Classic Reverse Mode now are displaying
1.Entry Price Level
2.SL and TP Levels (inputs)
3.Lot Size (input)
4.Open Profit in pips and in € (calculated using the Lot Size Input and the Entry Price but not Swaps)
o At 2_Additional Entries Mode now are displaying
1.Entry Price Level and Average Entry Price Levels for 2 or 3 in total Open Trades.If there is no 2nd or 3rd open
trade the corresponding Avg.Entry Price and Open Profit is equal to zero.
2.Lot Size calculated as the sum of the open trades Lot Sizes (inputs)
3.Open Profit in pips and in € (calculated using the Lot Size Inputs and the Last Avg. Entry Price but not Swaps).
· A Verical Line determining the time of the each reversed trade or the time of the1st trade at the 2_Additional Entries Mode (optional).
· Horizontal Lines for the SL and TP Levels (optional - inputs in pips).
· Chart Background Color Changes according to Trade Type (optional).
All the above are Real Time Updated and fully adjustable while the Info Panel can be moved anywhere in the chart
1. In this new updated version v_1.55 of BeST_Darvas Boxes Indicator there has been added the selection ability of 2 more types of Alert. So at the area of Alert Settings now we have the options:
· Enable Buy & Sell Signals' MT5 Alert – for selecting to get a Sound Alert at the MT5 Platform.
· Enable Buy & Sell Signals' Email Alert – for selecting to get an Alert by an email message.
· Enable Buy & Sell Signals' Push Notification – for selecting to get an Alert by a mobile message.
2. In this new updated version v_1.55 of BeST_Darvas Boxes Indicator also it comes out in a more correct way the Open Profit in pips for Gold (XAUUSD) and Silver (XAGUSD) although often this also depends on how prices are displayed on the platform.
· Select the Entries Mode
1. Classic Reverse Mode - for selecting the Classic Mode of displaying Arrows (Entry Signals) that was also used in all the previous versions.
2. 2_Additional_Entries_Mode – for selecting to be displayed 1 or 2 possible additional Arrows (but of different type) corresponding to possible additional positons of the same type (Long/Short).
It also important that in both input choises we can also select to be displayed as a Comment the Real Time Updated Information Table that shows:
· Current Position type
· number of Bars in Trade
· Entry Price for current position
· Open Profit in pips
Selecting the 2_Additional_Entries_Mode the Real Time Updated Information Table will be much bigger and will display the Entry Price and Open Profit for every Open Position (up to 3 in total possible open positions of the same type) as well as the total Open Profit (Sum Open Profit) of all currently open positions in pips.
2.Adding Input for selecting to receive or not an Alert on the MT5 platform when an Buy or Sell Entry Signal appear