MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1661

Hello, I have a small question: Is there a possibility to add a variable or something which contains the datetimevalue at which the expert was compiled? Also it would be great, if there wouldbe a version counter, which is increased every time at compilation of the expert(it should count on a per...
can any one tell me if they have used the eurox2.ex4 scalper auto trade program! if you have let me know how it worked and what results (not backtested)you achieved. thanks.
this an example of tester jumping like crazy on 1M chart. There were only 22 tickson that bar with spread of about 30 pips. Its incomperehensible how it could go up and down like that on such a light volume. This is the same running on the demo account. It doesn't have 2 etxra trades resultingin...
hello everyone, i am new to metatrader i have an ea saved on my computer can someone help me totransfer that to meta trader 4 and back test to see how it goes and how do i attachit to a chart and get it to autotrade! im a newbie and need some assistance. thanks.
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, report of Jury Meeting 19 October has been published. Two questions were discussed at the meeting: disqualificationof the Participant #400239 and spike of 19th of October on GBPUSD. The Automated Trading Championship 2006 is organized by the...
Does anyone have an FFTW interface for MT4 to share? I'm primarily interested in obtaining 1-dimensional DFT of real data.
I have seen really impressive backtest results of an EA that opens and closes tradeson the same M15 bar. However, the EA does not test well live. So it seems thatthe back-tester overestimates the profit when an EA opens and closes trades onthe same bar. I don't understand why the backtester would...
[Deleted]
I have some custom indicators for metatrader I would like to use in the stock market. Is there a way to view stock market graphs (any stock i want) in metatrader? perhapsby writing a program to retrieve the datafeed from my stock brokerage and convertit to compatible metatrader? if so, where can i...
On a backtest, it works normally from 20-06-2006, but before that date it doesn'twork. When I look at the log, it says: 15:36:07 2004.06.18 10:00 Hans123MV21 GBPUSD,M15: invalid stoploss for OrderSendfunction 15:36:07 2004.06.18 10:00 Hans123MV21 GBPUSD,M15: invalid price for OrderSend function...
[Deleted]
Hello, If I use the Expert Advisors log_test.mq4 from : 'Information Storage and View' in a chart I got a log file like expected. But if I use the same Expert Advisors log_test.mq4 in a Strategy Tester, I gotnothing. Why ? Thanks, Tintin92
  charts overlap  (1)
does anybody know if it is posible to place two charts over on another on metatrader(live) not printed. say line charts and can see both
[Deleted]
I have turned MT4 off line and delete all period history files from its history directory and then imported the 1M data from. I then use the period convert script to generate the 5min, 15min, 30min, 1hr, 4hrs and daily periods and then import them into the historycenter. These period files are...
I just update to 198, but it can not run, always run inside memory and occupancy 50% CPU, and do notdisplay its window. my config bars number in windw is 1000 or 10000.
[Deleted]
I have a two-hour chart which was produced using the Period_Converter_Opt indicator. To this two-hour (offline) chart, I have attached an indicator and an EA. The Indicator, on the two-hour chart, is operating properly, and in real-time.The EA, though, is not fairing so well. The EA's start()...
[Deleted]
Does anyone know if running an Expert on an offline chart is supported by MetaTrader4?  So far, I have been unsuccessful in getting MetaTrader to call the start()function on an offline chart.
Getting an "invalid index buffer number in iCustom function" error inbackest. The error appears in the journal (numerous times, apparantly every tick). The custom indicator is NewTrend. The only call in the EA looks like this: H1Silver = iCustom(Symbol(),60,"NewTrend",5,66,0); H1Gold =...
There are two indicators which combined can create a very very profitable EA. I do not know if you have heard of them or not but here they are: ProSource NRTR_color_line I will attach these both so you can look at them, but for now let me explain what I think should be done. If we can make an EA...
Has anyone already brought up that iMACD is different from a constructed MACD? Not just how it's displayed, but the valuesare wrong. There are some other constructions out there (MACD_c2 is one, but ithas an SMA instead of EMA for the signal line which needed to be corrected) forbar-to-bar...
[Deleted]
if ( isSellSignal ()) { if ( Out == true ) Short = GoShort ( Lots ) ; Print ( " Currently Out. Sell Signal Received. Going Short. " ) ; if ( Long == true ) Out = CloseOrder () ; Print ( " Currently Long. Sell Signal Received. Position Closed. " ) ; } if ( isBuySignal ()) { if ( Out == true ) Long =
Hello, I wanted to backtest my expert Breakout 2_2. But for some reason, it only testsit from 19.06.2006, I have data from 17.06.2004 ... If I try visual mode it just doesn't draw lines, and other experts DO work (I triedthe MACD Sample) from 17.06.2004. Does anybody have an idea how this could...
I'm new to this forum and hello everyone :) My question is: How do I specify a path in mq4 to save a file to the root directory (c:\)? Sounds simple but I can't seem to get around it. Somehow it keeps saying that thereare too many symbols (doesn't like the ":" I think). Thanks in advance Marty
How difficult would it be to provide a report on the championship accounts? Theequity curve and related data is intersting to me (and possibly others) and usuallyavailable after backtests, or from live account report. I understand the load mightbe very great for so many accounts, but perhaps they...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006 "The Championship Report: Second Week" has been published. It gives brief results of the second competition week. Thetop three expert advisors have been fully replaced by others, leader of the previousweek yielded their precedence, the Jury...
[Deleted]
Hi, I have two questions about the period converter 1) The file format that it writes looks strange, if opened directly. Is there aguide to reading it? Is it in a language other than English, or compressed or something.Here is a brief sample from the top of the file for EURUSD 1 minute data:...
[Deleted]
How can I select this particular trade?
Hi, My ea has extensive use of comments. I put comments within OrderSend(), but comments are being cut. Anybody knows the maximum usable length of a comment(excluding the part that can be added by server) ?
[Deleted]
Can anybaody tell me if it's possible to alter indicators from MetaTrader? thanks
[Deleted]
I need your argent help, I want some one tell me how can I write natural logarithmor Log in my equaiton inside meta4 editor program? it gives me always undefinedfunction best regards,