failed to connect to my mt4 terminal - Signal provider

Hi

I have created a signal. I gave my mt4 username and password but the its not connected to the terminal. Its saying "failed to connect". Has anyone faced the problem?

I am using hot forex MT4 terminal and i selected HOTfx4-Demo as the server. 

Please double check the password (for example, for capital letters) and the server name (precise name is displayed on the Server tab in the terminal options)

vijayinvites:
Did i choose the correct server?
To check it, open your MetaTrader 4 terminal, go to Tools->Options. On the Server tab check what the server name is. It is displayed in the following form: [Server name] - [Company name]. For example: MetaQuotes-Demo - MetaQuotes Software Corp.
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Client Terminal Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Client Terminal Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Client Terminal Properties - Documentation on MQL5

Thanks. That solved the problem. I was typing "Hot..." to select "hot forex" but its "HF Markets...". Thanks for the help @Alexx.

Can anyone tell me how long I should wait for the connection to establish to my mt4 account to provide signals??? Is hasnt given an error message just says disconnected I entered the details 30 min ago

Adam Woods:
Can anyone tell me how long I should wait for the connection to establish to my mt4 account to provide signals??? Is hasnt given an error message just says disconnected I entered the details 30 min ago

Actually MQL5 don't takes any long time just it takes a time for synchronize your account to pick all history and current orders.  As signal provider you need to generate Investor Password from MT4 and enter in mql4 signal page. 

Once if your account available and you can see history of your account it means its available. Sometimes you can see disconnect but it will reconnect auto if your MT4 is on.

If a problem remain for long then you need to contact to moderator. 

Not sure if anyone faced with this issue? I have Upgraded laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and suddenly my MT4 won't work. Try to download MT5 direct from MQL5 and during installation, ask to key in Proxy server address. and can't proceed at all. Hope someone in the community can assist.
Files:

what is the mt4 proxy server for hotforex platform

Reason: