Discussion of article "The checks a trading robot must pass before publication in the Market" - page 5

@Sebastian Rafal Skrzynecki #: Hello,Is there any possibility to validate an EA that does not perform any buying and selling operations (first version) but only calculates important support and resistance levels. I plan to add the possibility of trading in the future.

No! The EA must trade. If it does not, then it is not an EA.

If it is only calculating and displaying support and resistance lines, then it is an Indicator and needs to be coded as such using OnCalculate() instead of OnTick().

You can sell both on the market. Make this one a true indicator and sell it as an indicator. Then in the future publish the EA for it separately.

Hi,

I am a bit unsure why my EA is rejected. I was sure I had sorted all the errors, but I get the following message:

My EA is meant to trade Indicies. Not FX, so I am a bit confused why it should be an issue that no trading operation is going on in Forex pairs?

Hope someone can help me out :)

@Martin Winther Jensen #: I am a bit unsure why my EA is rejected. I was sure I had sorted all the errors, but I get the following message: My EA is meant to trade Indicies. Not FX, so I am a bit confused why it should be an issue that no trading operation is going on in Forex pairs? Hope someone can help me out :)
You are not allowed to limit your EA in any way. It must be able to trade on anything an everything, even if it was designed for indices. Please read the Market rules.

Fernando Carreiro #:
You are not allowed to limit your EA in any way. It must be able to trade on anything an everything, even if it was designed for indices. Please read the Market rules.

Thank you for your quick reply Fernando.

I actually didn't limit it on purpose, however some of the calculations may have caused the indextrade to work differently.

I will sort it out. Thanks!

If I make an EA that creates pending orders after a user enters a manual trade, will the EA pass the checks to allowed it to be for sale in the market place?

@sheltongw #: If I make an EA that creates pending orders after a user enters a manual trade, will the EA pass the checks to allowed it to be for sale in the market place?

That should be classified as a Utility and not an Expert Advisor. It will not pass the verifications as an Expert Advisor!

Fernando Carreiro #:

That should be classified as a Utility and not an Expert Advisor. It will not pass the verifications as an Expert Advisor

Thanks!  I see the distinction now!

when i try to add file it says "file compiled in debugging" can someone please help me

@Michael Terrel Redmond #: when i try to add file it says "file compiled in debugging" can someone please help me

Recompile the source code normally (F7), not via the debugging (F5). Do you understand the difference?

hello everyone. i have a problem with my EA passing validation stage. it trades forex and the default lot size is 0.01. i have been trading with it for quiet some time on both live and demo and is very good. but now it is failing validation and the message i get is that log files size exceeded 2045 mb, test terminated and also there is a message of invalid volume though the default is set at 0.01 and number of open positions at any one point is set to always be 4. i cannot get why it failed the validation.. 
Reason: