Discussion of article "How to Subscribe to Trading Signals" - page 30

Hello, Can I subscribe to more than one signal simultaneously?

Like subscribe to 2-3 signal providers at the time.

I have one account with Broker on MT4 and another Broker is on MT5

Thank you a lot for answer.

Maksym Steplyuk:

Hello, Can I subscribe to more than one signal simultaneously?

Like subscribe to 2-3 signal providers at the time.

I have one account with Broker on MT4 and another Broker is on MT5

Thank you a lot for answer.

Non with the same account, one account per signal only.

Hello,

I opened a broker account and subscribed to a signal with a capital of 100 (utilisation at 95%). Yesterday I transferred additional 100 to the broker account.

With the money increased to 200 I was expecting to see the existing open positions to double (to match the increased size of the account), but the size of the open positions (which are currently marginally loss making) is unchanged.

If I look on the journal tab, the "volume conversion" is calculated correctly, in fact it is double than the previous value, but for some reason it is not applied to the existing positions. Does it works only for the new positions? (I have not yet seen what happens with the opening of a new position)

Do you have any idea, why the open positions did not increase proportionally? 

Thanks for your help

Swissmetatrader:

Hello,

I opened a broker account and subscribed to a signal with a capital of 100 (utilisation at 95%). Yesterday I transferred additional 100 to the broker account.

With the money increased to 200 I was expecting to see the existing open positions to double (to match the increased size of the account), but the size of the open positions (which are currently marginally loss making) is unchanged.

Do you have any idea, why the open positions did not increase proportionally? (I have not yet seen what happens with the opening of a new position)

Thanks for your help

The new copying ratio will be effective for any new trades and not the existing ones.

You can also close the existing trades and re-synchronize with the signal again, so the positions will be opened again but with the new copying ratio.

This solution is not adivsable in general and not in any case if the current open positions are in profit !!!

Eleni Anna Branou:

The new copying ratio will be effective for any new trades and not the existing ones.

Understood.

Many thanks

if one wants to copy the signals in automatic of a trader who is on avatrade, can one do it while being at another broker?

ravenz:

Yes you can, but you need to becareful of the slippage problems (slippage is the difference in price between brokers).

Check the slippage tab of the signal you want to copy and if your broker is on the green values or the upper yellow, then you should be fine.

If your broker is within the lower yellow or red values, then you should avoid it.

There is a case when slippage doesn't matter a lot and this is if the signal provider trades rarely or the holding time of positions is quite long (longer term trading).

If the signal uses a scalping short term strategy, then slippage is very important.

(1)  Please should I subscribe for vps and carry out all mt4 settings in the vps before linking my account to the signal provider account?
(2) is the mt4 already in the vps or I am to download into vps?

Please someone help I need the steps of successful copy trade.

(1) subscribe for VPS. 
(2) Download of mt4 and trading account settings in vps. 
(3) Linking trading account to signer provider. 
Reason: