Huge difference in signal lot size than mine when my account is similar....>

I have searched around and haven't quite nailed it why I am having this problem. I am subscribed to a signal. The signal history is MUCH different than mine. For this account, my balance is $2700 usd. His is $3,000 usd. I have 1:500 leverage, he has 1:400. I set my signal subscription settings to 95%. He made a trade with a .86 lot size, with a $122.12 profit on his history. The same exact trade for me was only .08 lot size, with a $10.48 profit. I have plenty of leverage, and simultaneous trades from the signal are at maximum .20 or so total at a time, so I have PLENTY of margin. I am losing money and his history is raking in profits and typically my lot sizes are only .01 or .02. How can this be?

Which signal ?

Please check you Journal log and post it here.

gipfelvision3:
I have searched around and haven't quite nailed it why I am having this problem. I am subscribed to a signal. The signal history is MUCH different than mine. For this account, my balance is $2700 usd. His is $3,000 usd. I have 1:500 leverage, he has 1:400. I set my signal subscription settings to 95%. He made a trade with a .86 lot size, with a $122.12 profit on his history. The same exact trade for me was only .08 lot size, with a $10.48 profit. I have plenty of leverage, and simultaneous trades from the signal are at maximum .20 or so total at a time, so I have PLENTY of margin. I am losing money and his history is raking in profits and typically my lot sizes are only .01 or .02. How can this be?
0    15:32:30.916    '51027': Signal - signal provider has balance 3 051.35 USD, leverage 1:400
0    15:32:30.916    '51027': Signal - subscriber has balance 1 660.75 USD, leverage 1:100

0    15:32:30.923    '51027': Signal - percentage for volume conversion selected according to the ratio of balances and leverages, new value 10%

Not exactly the same story as in your post.

Alain Verleyen:
0    15:32:30.916    '51027': Signal - signal provider has balance 3 051.35 USD, leverage 1:400
0    15:32:30.916    '51027': Signal - subscriber has balance 1 660.75 USD, leverage 1:100

0    15:32:30.923    '51027': Signal - percentage for volume conversion selected according to the ratio of balances and leverages, new value 10%

Not exactly the same story as in your post.

I put in an additional 1k shortly after that because I thought it was maybe my account balance, but was still doing .01 lots. What is a surprise to me is my leverage. I was under the impression from my broker that I'm 1:500, thanks for pointing that out though! I just contacted them to have it changed. Do you still think it looks fishy, or do you think simply trying again after my leverage has changed?

gipfelvision:
I put in an additional 1k shortly after that because I thought it was maybe my account balance, but was still doing .01 lots. What is a surprise to me is my leverage. I was under the impression from my broker that I'm 1:500, thanks for pointing that out though! I just contacted them to have it changed. Do you still think it looks fishy, or do you think simply trying again after my leverage has changed?

With a 1:100 leverage, and 1:400 for provider, your lot size are already divided by 4. So it should be closer once changed.

Though as %used is 95% you will always need a little more balance than the provider to get the same lot size. And you can also have some differences due to rounding scheme.

Alain Verleyen:

With a 1:100 leverage, and 1:400 for provider, your lot size are already divided by 4. So it should be closer once changed.

Though as %used is 95% you will always need a little more balance than the provider to get the same lot size. And you can also have some differences due to rounding scheme.

Okay great, much appreciated! I'll give it a shot once it's changed tomorrow perhaps. That and with the awfully high profit % and subscription fee, it got me a little suspicious.

Hello,

I was having the same issue of .01 lot size. I deposited more money and still .01 lot size being taken. So how does one get back to the signal settings? I'm assuming I need to increase the allowed use of capital percentage.  

Lorraine Pierce:

Hello,

I was having the same issue of .01 lot size. I deposited more money and still .01 lot size being taken. So how does one get back to the signal settings? I'm assuming I need to increase the allowed use of capital percentage.  

Read this article . Also you can use signal copier.
Reason: