Are you agree that there should be certification for MQL5 programmer - an online certificate by MetaQuotes - that show that a programmer has decent knowledge about MQL5 ?

• 60% (81)
  • 22% (30)
  • 18% (24)
Total voters: 135

Would you rather deal with a knowledgeable person or not ?.

or how do you know that forumer who reply in MQL5.com has sufficient MQL5 knowledge ?.  Please, remember that MetaTrader is financial software. That's the big question. 

From my replying experience in MQL4 forum, some programmers as it turns out does not have decent knowledge about MQL4 and still replying in forum. And I know some of them even sell their software even though they not possess any sufficient knowledge of MQL4.

Google "C++ online certification" or "Windows Programming online certificate" for example. I understand the lack of online exam compare to class exam. However this is not about that, it's about certified or not. 

I myself is Ay ! 

Have fun :) 

[added : thanks to Urain : discussion in Russian forum (https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/3950). Google translate click here

Сертифицирование программистов MQL5
  • www.mql5.com
Конечно, было бы уместно создать центр сертификации на базе разработчиков языка MQL4, MQL5, компании MetaQuotes.

onewithzachy:

or how do you know that forumer who reply in MQL5.com has sufficient MQL5 knowledge ?.  Please, remember that MetaTrader is financial software. That's the big question.

From my replying experience in MQL4 forum, some programmers as it turns out does not have decent knowledge about MQL4 and still replying in forum. And I know some of them even sell their software even though they not possess any sufficient knowledge of MQL4.

Google "C++ online certification" or "Windows Programming online certificate" for example. I understand the lack of online exam compare to class exam. However this is not about that, it's about certified or not. 

I myself is Ay ! 

I think everyone wants to do that...

Also I think that when the Job is in progress you have to give the source file and not only compiled or decompiled files  

Maybe a good idea to test it with some kind of program to make and the best written ones gets be published... the same time

At that point members can compare the qualities of the different developpers. 

The developpers can also compare own work with the work of others and see what they can improve... 

deVries:

... members can compare the qualities of the different developers. 

The developpers can also compare own work with the work of others and see what they can improve... 

Thumbs up :) !!!  <<== I type thumbs up and it's automatically linked to Object type. LOL :).

I agree with deVries in this case. Many forumer who order/offer a job have no idea the difficulty in programming. All they wants is that their order is ready in timely fast time and at cheap price. Sadly many developers compete each other - offering buyer cheap price and fast delivery.

There's what deVries was talking about, - quality - which no one seem care. :(  

In this forum, some forumers ask for help with their code, they not asking for free ride, they asking for help to sort out their code. Together, other forumers helps him/her pointing to the right direction.

Sadly there's some forumers, not helping, but, pointing to the job section.

I pity those fool forumers who offer nothing but wanting money from others who looking for helps.

Сертифицирование программистов MQL5
  • www.mql5.com
Конечно, было бы уместно создать центр сертификации на базе разработчиков языка MQL4, MQL5, компании MetaQuotes.

I shouldn't put Switzerlander over there, coz either

1. they forever can not make up their mind and go neutral all the time or

2. they may change their minds later and vote either Ay ! or Nay !.

Too late for that  

:( 

I Agree!

What about mql4?

And what about c++ related to mql programming?

What about fees?

What about who can train mql?

Hi codersguru, many thanks for your comment,

and trading experience. I should put trading experience on the vote list. What's the use of having certified programmer with zero knowledge in trading.

:( 

Certification will open another gate for the business of MEtaquotes.

Currently, the developers have to read and search over and over in the reference or the website each time they meet a problem or want to add a new functionality to their EAs or indicators. This results in frustration and lowered down the popularity of MQL5 in the market.

With step by step books, to teach the developers to make achievements day by day, hour by hour, studying MQL5 will be a easygoing and cheerful experience. Looking forward to seeing such a certification.

1. Metaquotes will gain another source of income. The CEO's annual report will be more attractive;
2. Metaquotes will get the money and resources to support its document development. Which, in my opinion,  is a short leg in comparison to the  established IT companies, i.e. microsoft, Cisco, Orale, etc.
3. Those learning MQL via the big, thick reference will have an opportunity to learn MQL development in a strcutured, step-by-step manner, will undoubtedly result in a more easygoing, and cheerful experience. This will make this platformmore popular.
4. Metaquotes is now a market leader. To certificate those with decent knowledge will only help it strengthen its current market position. Those who has a MQL certification will not pay for another similar certification. Who would like to pay double bills for the same business, unless he is crazy!

5. Certification will start up another sub-industry. Which well-knowledged guys will have the stimulation, motivation to train others. This will result in a structured customer community. and A structured customer community is more easy to maintain, in knowledge transfer, close/more personalized customer contact, etc. This will in turn enhance customer satisfaction.

Finally, I, as all others in the forum do, hope that the initial offer of the certification is affordable for me.

deVries:

I think everyone wants to do that...

Also I think that when the Job is in progress you have to give the source file and not only compiled or decompiled files  

Maybe a good idea to test it with some kind of program to make and the best written ones gets be published... the same time

At that point members can compare the qualities of the different developpers. 

onewithzachy:

I myself is Ay ! 

[added : thanks to Urain : discussion in Russian forum (https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/3950). Google translate click here

onewithzachy:

I myself is Ay ! 

Yes, it is always safer to deal with those who know. 
This does not close the door to those who want to develop as new ideas are always rewarding for everyone. 
It's like everything ... you have to prove ... :-)
Reason: