MQL5 programmer certification

The time has come to raise this topic separately.

I immediately wanted to do this as a survey, but the range of interests and problems is so wide that it cannot be done within a questionnaire.

So I decided to make a table, in which I will enter the pros and cons of certification. What opportunities it opens up, or what problems it gives rise to.
And also the role of participation in this process by three parties: programmer, certification centre, employer. And what are the benefits for each of them.

The purpose of this thread is to find out if certification is needed, and to create a working scheme of this process (if there is a demand).
Of course, it would be appropriate to create a certification centre on the basis of developers of MQL4, MQL5 and MetaQuotes.

ProgrammerCertification Centre
Customer

+

-

+

-
+

-

Please do not write "yes, we need it" or "I will not take part in it", but disclose your position and describe pros and cons you see for all three parties.

Yes, most importantly, do not forget to certify overseas programmers from NASDAQ or NYSE, otherwise they have lost their hands, for 10 quid you can not pull anyone into the section of work, even without a certificate :D
Как заказать торгового робота на MQL5 и MQL4
Как заказать торгового робота на MQL5 и MQL4
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
С запуском сервиса "Работа" MQL5.community становится идеальным местом для размещения заказов и оказания услуг программирования. Тысячи трейдеров и разработчиков ежедневно посещают этот ресурс и с легкостью могут помочь друг другу. Для трейдера сервис "Работа" - это легкая возможность получить свой собственный эксперт. Для MQL5-разработчика это возможность легко найти новых клиентов. В данной статье мы рассмотрим возможности этого сервиса.

To begin with, you need to define what certification is. What knowledge and skills must a programmer have to get a certificate?

There are all kinds of programmers - those who consider themselves professionals, write very fast, but ugly and with lots of bugs. There are also those who do not know even 90% of the language, but they write high quality (with a minimum of bugs), commented in detail, the code is logically transparent and understandable to the outside reader.

I am not a professional programmer and have no idea how programmers are usually certified - but I would like to know more about this procedure.

What does the certificate entail and who needs it?
First of all, we have to define the goals.

The purpose of MetsQuotes (in my opinion) is the popularization and development of the MQL4/5 language and the possibilities of the MT terminal.
Here I don't know if there are companies that employ a large staff of programmers to write the TS and indicators, to maintain the TS used.

From this point of view there is no need of certification for MQ.
And what do programmers need it for? To show the certificate to customers?
The vast majority of Expert Advisors are template ones. The examples of typical programs are published enough, and an expert in programming is able to write (on the basis of the published typical example) EAs that will work perfectly with the signals.

And what does the certificate give? It confirms 1) that the programmer knows the language above a certain level and 2) that the programmer is able to solve problems of higher complexity than a certain level.

The best certificate is regular contests, not necessarily with money prizes.
The purpose of thematic competitions is to study and demonstrate the abilities of the MQL4/5 language.

Participation and place taken are reflected in the rating and profile.
In addition to the general rating, you may and should create a qualification rating that will reflect not the forum chatter, but articles, code base (not your own solutions are often published here, but this can also be taken into account), participation in thematic contests and other events aimed at development and popularization of MQL4/5.

I think that certifying programmers in MQL5 is entirely the prerogative of MetaQuotes, and if they decide to give their certificate to someone for special merits, it is up to them. It is not up to us to decide that.

Worked closely with 1C for 10 years...

I know firsthand about their certificates ))))))

Their certificate is a piece of paper with which you can safely go to a well-known institution...

I think it's going to be much worse here....

AlexSTAL:

Worked closely with 1C for 10 years...

I know firsthand about their certifications ))))))

Their certificate is a piece of paper with which you can easily go to a well-known institution...

I think it would be much worse here....

1 Please describe what the 1C certification procedure is.

2 I disagree with joo about not knowing 90% of the language and writing good programs. A basic knowledge of a language is necessary to write a good program, but it doesn't guarantee that a programmer is able to write such a program. There are a lot of other factors. The certification is just a check on the basic knowledge.

Another good thing about certification is that by developing a certification programme, MQ will lay the groundwork for a textbook.

And an extra medal on the avatar won't hurt anyone :)

Urain:

Please describe what the certification procedure is in 1C.

All in the public domain: http://www.1c.ru/rus/partners/training/default.jsp
Фирма «1С» / Курсы 1С, Экзамены 1С
  • 1c.ru
Официальные курсы 1с и экзамены 1с от производителя, расписание, центры обучения, список курсов

Urain:

2 I disagree with joo about not knowing 90% of the language and being able to write good programs. A basic knowledge of the language is a must to write a good program, but it doesn't guarantee that a programmer is able to write such a program. There are a lot of other factors. The certification is just a check on the basic knowledge.

Eh... I meant "don't know 10% of the language" which is equivalent to "don't know 90% of the language". :)

And with 10% of course you can't write much....

ZS. My knowledge is just estimated at 90%. Does this mean that I can get a certificate?

joo:

Err... I meant "don't know 10% of the language", which is equivalent to "don't know 90% of the language either ". :)

And with 10% of course you can't write much....

ZS. My knowledge is just estimated at 90%. Does this mean that I can get a certificate?

I think anyone who has published an article on programming, can get a certificate. Doublet not be confused with int :)
Reason: