64 bit MT4 version? - page 2

Sergiy Podolyak:

Where is the reason for developing 64-bit version of MT4? Memory limit?

Can you show at least one trading application on MT4 exeeding 4GB limit. Please.

from what i read - multiple mt4 instances perform badly on multi core vps

A problem I’m finding is Nvidia are no longer supporting 32 bit CUDA compilation which means I’m limited to ~ CUDA Toolkit 5.5 which isn’t the end of the world but it could make it difficult if I need driver support for newer GPU’s but the drivers will only work with the latest toolkit. I’ve been looking at ways to link a 32bit application with a 64bit DLL but from what I can tell they basically all involve using a third party app to act as a bridge.

Also consider that a 64 bit version wil allow for faster processing.....even more important if you have other programs open at the same time.

Those of us in the USA get screwed by brokers because of the DOD Frank law.  Most brokers outside the US will not touch our accounts.  We have been told that MT5 offers even more ways for the brokers to screw us so we do not want it.  We would love a 64 bit version of MT4 which has less adverse tools than MT5.

I fully agree, it's ridiculous (we're already in 2019) not having a 64bit plus multiprocessor version.

It is clear that they want to move away from MT4 and 32Bit in the future.
But the problem currently is that majority traders are sticking to MT4 I believe and a lot of brokers still don't offer MT5 as an option.
I personally have never used MT5 and I am still sticking to MT4 and very happy. Only issue is that yes, as mentioned that MT4 does not use all the cores of a multicore processor which is kind of sad. Because if Metaquotes actually does release a MT4 64Bit version, traders will be able to use multicore processors to a better advantage with MT4. Especially for backtesting and optimization I believe personally, making backtesting and optimization faster and more accurate if implemented properly.
So I do hope that Metaquotes releases a MT4 64Bit version in time as I believe there are a lot of traders using Expert Advisors seeing the situation as I do. I also believe it will be a greater step for Metaquotes to focus on a MT4 64Bit as Brokers will be keen and interested in a MT4 64Bit as all computing industries and Software Manufacturers are moving into the 64Bit era. 

MT5 is actually sort of 64 bit MT4, haha
MetaQuotes created more efficient product but something went wrong: people keep ignore it so MetaQuotes have to push hard to force people to actually use it...
Me, personally, I keep using MT4. The reason for this is that brokers (in general) promote MT5 accounts like "behold: super mega true ECN, OMG it's so ECN, that's why we will charge you commission beside spread". I hate commission beside spread, it's tricky to include them in calculations. If there were more brokers giving just spread for MT5 I would already adapt all my EA to MT5 and deleted MT4.

Dimon1000000:

MT5 is actually sort of 64 bit MT4, haha
MetaQuotes created more efficient product but something went wrong: people keep ignore it so MetaQuotes have to push hard to force people to actually use it...
Me, personally, I keep using MT4. The reason for this is that brokers (in general) promote MT5 accounts like "behold: super mega true ECN, OMG it's so ECN, that's why we will charge you commission beside spread". I hate commission beside spread, it's tricky to include them in calculations. If there were more brokers giving just spread for MT5 I would already adapt all my EA to MT5 and deleted MT4.

At equal cost, it's more advantageous to have spread+commission.
Reason: