64 bit MT4 version?

Will we ever see a 64bit Metatrader 4 version?  This running a 32 bit client on a 64 bit OS is ridiculous.

And before anyone says "download MT5, it's free"; I live in the U.S. and there aren't any brokers who currently support MT5 on LIVE accounts. 

Do you have a good reason as to why it is ridiculous ?

Michael:

Will we ever see a 64bit Metatrader 4 version?  This running a 32 bit client on a 64 bit OS is ridiculous.

And before anyone says "download MT5, it's free"; I live in the U.S. and there aren't any brokers who currently support MT5 on LIVE accounts. 

Memory limit for MT4 running on a 64-bit OS is 4GB since build 427.

That is pretty enough for most application, except huge multicurrency system, when you need access to all currency pairs at the same time - in long history on all timeframes. In this case you should use MT5 on 64-bit.

" The terminal has been compiled with the possibility to expand the available virtual address space. The volume of the available memory is expanded from 2 Gb:

• to 3 Gb when using 32-bit operating system. Special keys for downloading the operating system are necessary to enable this mode in 32-bit operating system;
    • to 4 Gb when using 64-bit operating system. No additional actions are required to enable this mode in 64-bit operating system."

https://www.metaquotes.net/en/metatrader4/news/3786

I am using a complicated math statistics expert with very heavy math calculations, one per each of 35+ currency pairs - at the same time. They consume 800 ... 900MB in total on 36 pairs. There is still room for expansion in memory, up to 4GB. Speed is an issue, not a memory.

4-Gigabyte Tuning: BCDEdit and Boot.ini (Windows)
  • msdn.microsoft.com
On 32-bit editions of Windows, applications have 4 gigabyte (GB) of virtual address space available. The virtual address space is divided so that 2 GB is available to the application and the other 2 GB is available only to the system. The 4-gigabyte tuning (4GT or 4GT RAM Tuning) feature, enabled with the BCDEdit /set increaseuserva command...

Sergiy Podolyak:

Memory limit for MT4 running on a 64-bit OS is 4GB since build 427.

That is pretty enough for most application, except huge multicurrency system, when you need access to all currency pairs at the same time - in long history on all timeframes. In this case you should use MT5 on 64-bit.

" The terminal has been compiled with the possibility to expand the available virtual address space. The volume of the available memory is expanded from 2 Gb:

• to 3 Gb when using 32-bit operating system. Special keys for downloading the operating system are necessary to enable this mode in 32-bit operating system;
    • to 4 Gb when using 64-bit operating system. No additional actions are required to enable this mode in 64-bit operating system."

https://www.metaquotes.net/en/metatrader4/news/3786

I am using a complicated math statistics expert with very heavy math calculations, one per each of 35+ currency pairs - at the same time. They consume 800 ... 900MB in total on 36 pairs. There is still room for expansion in memory, up to 4GB. Speed is an issue, not a memory.

"That is pretty enough for most application, except huge multicurrency system, when you need access to all currency pairs at the same time - in long history on all timeframes. In this case you should use MT5 on 64-bit."  I live in the U.S. so MT5 for a live/real account is out of the question.

In the demo's I've coded and run between MT5 (again, demo only account) and MT4; MT5 is truly multi-threaded and does a FAR better job at memory management within it's own application then MT4.

Now, unless someone knows of a U.S. broker that offers MT5 for live/real accounts, then I'm stuck with MT4? 

Michael:

"That is pretty enough for most application, except huge multicurrency system, when you need access to all currency pairs at the same time - in long history on all timeframes. In this case you should use MT5 on 64-bit."  I live in the U.S. so MT5 for a live/real account is out of the question.

In the demo's I've coded and run between MT5 (again, demo only account) and MT4; MT5 is truly multi-threaded and does a FAR better job at memory management within it's own application then MT4.

Now, unless someone knows of a U.S. broker that offers MT5 for live/real accounts, then I'm stuck with MT4? 

I have created first in the world expert with CUDA acceleration on videocard GPU with complicated DLL on 500 C language functions for extensive numerical methods from robust statistics theory,- and found  NO problems running it on MT4 on 36 pairs at the same time.

Probably, your expert is even more exotic than mine. Yes, you can find many aspects where MT5 is better than MT4, but for 90% of all experts the limitations of MT4 are not important TODAY. May be tomorrow they will be more visible.

There never was and never will be 64bit version of MT4. Shame...

ADRIAN MATUSIAK:
There never was and never will be 64bit version of MT4. Shame...

Where is the reason for developing 64-bit version of MT4? Memory limit?

Can you show at least one trading application on MT4 exeeding 4GB limit. Please.

yeah please show some example in stead of yelling "ridiculous" and "shame" 

Try to use for backtesting data from Reuters from 1999 as I do. You will never get able to optimize Your EA under MT4 in such kind.

Michael:

Because US clients did not asked their broker for MT5, isn't it?

Sergiy Podolyak:

I have created first in the world expert with CUDA acceleration on videocard GPU with complicated DLL on 500 C language functions for extensive numerical methods from robust statistics theory,- and found  NO problems running it on MT4 on 36 pairs at the same time.

Probably, your expert is even more exotic than mine. Yes, you can find many aspects where MT5 is better than MT4, but for 90% of all experts the limitations of MT4 are not important TODAY. May be tomorrow they will be more visible.

This whole thing of Cuda has me confused. well I downloaded and installed CUDA and Nsight, and the cuda dll now appears in the settings.

Will Metatester auto implement this? what other tweaques must I make.

I have a 4.3Ghz Intel 5820 and a GTX 960 GPU.

Gordii 

Reason: