Visual Studio 2012 not found

i have installed visual studio 2012 and metatrader 5 today,but my MetaEditor can not found visual studio 2012.

i have done this work on virtual machine before,when i install visual studio 2012 on C:\,it's ok.

this time ,i install visual studio in driver E:,MetaEditor can not found VS 2012 more.

What should i do now? 

May be - it is not fully related to your question but it is what I found from here :

7.4. Fast Compilation of C++ DLL. Many developers use third-party DLLs when developing applications in MQL5. With MetaEditor 5, you do not need to use MS Visual Studio for compiling DLL. The editor supports standard cpp and h-files and compiles them as easily as the MQL5 source code. If MS Visual Studio is installed on your computer, its compiler is used. Otherwise, the required files are sent to a special compilation server via a secure connection. After compilation the ready DLL file is sent back to you.

Like with the MQL5 source code, all compilation results, including errors and warnings, appear in the Error tab of the Toolbox window.

==========

This topic may help too : Discussion of article "How to Exchange Data: A DLL for MQL5 in 10 Minutes" - page 2

==========

Forum

NVIDIA CUDA for strategy testing

paysonwelch, 2013.02.17 14:08

I can't find the link right now but the only way currently is to write your own native library (dll) which you can import into your EA. Inside the native code library you would call your CUDA or OpenCL code. This may or may not help with backtesting depending on the types of operations your code runs. So basically you have your EA and then explicitly offload your GPU calculations through your own custom code.  Here is a link to compiling native code for MT5 using Visual Studio.

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/249

It's a pain to figure this out, but I have successfully done this in Visual Studio 2010 and Visual Studio 2012 for both MT4 and MT5 using the same code. Note, I had to place my DLL's in the AppData folder for each terminal before they would work.

newdigital:

May be - it is not fully related to your question but it is what I found from here :

7.4. Fast Compilation of C++ DLL. Many developers use third-party DLLs when developing applications in MQL5. With MetaEditor 5, you do not need to use MS Visual Studio for compiling DLL. The editor supports standard cpp and h-files and compiles them as easily as the MQL5 source code. If MS Visual Studio is installed on your computer, its compiler is used. Otherwise, the required files are sent to a special compilation server via a secure connection. After compilation the ready DLL file is sent back to you.

Like with the MQL5 source code, all compilation results, including errors and warnings, appear in the Error tab of the Toolbox window.

==========

This topic may help too : Discussion of article "How to Exchange Data: A DLL for MQL5 in 10 Minutes" - page 2

==========

so it's total ok if metaeditor can not find visual studio?

xuzhe:
so it's total ok if metaeditor can not find visual studio?
Yes, unless you want to use MetaEditor to compile C++ code with VS compiler.

angevoyageur:
Yes, unless you want to use MetaEditor to compile C++ code with VS compiler.
OK,thanks you guys
Reason: