Windows 10 - page 3

Cedric Devigne :

Hi guys !

I confirm the trouble: I upgrade to windows 10 and now mt4 is asking me to use another activation. I find this a bit sour as I just bought some indi 3 weeks ago and I don't really want to use another activation as it's t he same computer and the same mt4 instance !

Regards,

Ced 

According to the rules:

1. For each Buyer, a secure version of the Product is automatically created, which allows using it only on the equipment (computer hardware and operating system), from which a purchase request was sent.
    Purchased Product is bound to specific devices and specific copy of an operating system. Thus, the protection does not allow to launch a Product, even if a hardware was substituted to the exactly the same one or if an operating system of the same type was reinstalled.

product Activation is tied to the operating system. The new operating system -  a new activation

scp1701:

Hi guys,

I upgraded to w10 from w7 about a week ago. Since that my MT4 is not working at all. After launch its icon shows up is on system tray for a brief moment and then it shuts down immediately. Editor seems to be working properly.

I tried reinstall, run as administrator, compatibility modes. I downloaded MT4 from different broker, still the same. Only version I managed to get up and running was build 229, but it didnt make it to update itself.

So Im using it on virtual machine now but its not very convenient.

Do you have any advices, please?

Thanks

Andy 

Ok after todays windows update it is working. Yaay:) 

Karputov Vladimir:

According to the rules:

product Activation is tied to the operating system. The new operating system -  a new activation

But as this a Windows OS upgrade, it's still the Windows operating system. Therefore another activation is not required. If you were changing from Windows to another OS such as Linux or Mac then this would be true.

Otherwise if what you are saying is true then any regular Windows updates that change some part of the Windows OS (and most of them do!) would require you to re-activate after each individual update (which could be as frequent as everyday!).

haha i installed windows 10 and my internet connection was broken, so i deleted it again :D crap!

My MT4 working fine. So issue on my side.

Hello,

I have a similar problem. I bought an indicator from mql market which was installed into my MT4 and was working good. But yesterday my windows (windows 10) was updated and after that I can not attach the indicator into MT4. Built in and custom indicators are still working good except the indicator which I installed from the mql market.

What I tried: MT4 > logged in > Market tab > Purchased. Here I can see my purchased indicators but I can't find any activation option. It shows Buy option only which I already bought. 

Any suggestion? 

Regards,

Arif 

Alain Verleyen:

I agree with you, there is a problem with the activation system on mql5.com Market. We are now almost forced to update our OS and a licence linked to an OS is really a bad practice in my opinion.

A solution could be to have the possibility to release an activation :

1. We release an activation on a given computer/OS. We have now our activation count increased by 1.
  2. We update the OS.
  3. We re-activate on the same computer and new OS, our activation count is now the same as before.

Should not be so complicate to code for Metaquotes.

Metaquotes would have to change their implementation from a local system to a distributed one.

Currently the product gets deposited on your machine with some embedded code that checks the machine id at startup, it does not communicate with the Metaquotes licensing severs with each startup.

I agree checking with the central sever with each startup would be much more flexible, but it would also be harder to manage and possible cause some performance issues.

From the moderator on another thread

Форум по трейдингу, автоматическим торговым системам и тестированию торговых стратегий

Слетела активация советников приобретенных в Маркете

Renat Fatkhullin, 2016.08.15 12:49

Unfortunately, the upgrade to Windows 10 build 1511 to 1607 was carried out in the form of upgrading OSes scheme updating Windows 7/8 on Windows 10. It can be seen from a hidden directory Windows.Old and Windows. ~ BT with gigabytes of data from the old copy OSes.

That is, it is not a simple update but a complete re-installation of OSes that radically changes the unique profile and leads to loss of activations and stored passwords.

To compensate for the loss of activation, we will credit 1 additional activation to all customers regardless of operating systems in the next two days, who activated the purchased products at least once.

Demo products also lose the activation and you just need to re-download from the Market.

Looks like there will be 2 updates next year

Windows 10’s next major update to debut in March
Windows 10’s next major update to debut in March
  • Tom Warren
  • www.theverge.com
Microsoft is planning at least two major updates to Windows 10 next year, and the first (codenamed Redstone 2) will likely arrive in March. Twitter user WalkingCat has discovered several references...

James Cater:

Looks like there will be 2 updates next year

We upgraded one of our test systems to WIndows 10 "Creators Update" last weekend.

As suspected MetaQuotes have not improved the licensing mechanisms and all activations of MQL4 Market products have once again been invalidated.

This means we loose another activation for each product when upgrading to this Windows 10 "service pack"

Reason: