New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 220

New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 220 has been released.

What’s new:

1. Fixed error of event sound play.
  2. Fixed a number of errors resulting in terminal failure.
  3. Fixed misprint in the Italian interface.
  4. Tester: Fixed activation of Take Profit levels.
  5. Tester: Improved reference point modeling.
  6. Tester: Added automated deletion of records from the tester cash, if more than 24 hours have passed since their last use.

MetaQuotes :

What’s new:

6. Tester: Added automated deletion of records from the tester cash, if more than 24 hours have passed since their last use.

I have updated my metatrader 4 to build 220, however it is now using up over 1gb of ram. It is making it impossible to trade. The one I have updated is with Alpari, I have yet to update my IBFX metatrader and this is still running fine.

Has anyone else experienced this. Any ideas what I can do to solve the problem?

Thanks

I have some IBFX accounts, and updated some MetaTrader client terminals recently from build 218 to 220 ...and noticed that they are using the RAM dangerously ...one terminal earlier today used over 700MB ...I opened another one with two charts that used over 200MB!

The other thing is that it is using up CPU cycles ....i was at 100% utilization earlier (I was back testing at the time) ...and my machine was unresponsive. This is the first time that the MT4 terminal has done this.

MetaQuotes please look at this urgently ....please!

Thanks

How many indicators are attached to charts in the the terminal. How many "Max bars on chart" are specified? (Press Ctrl+O). Do you use any custom indicators on your charts?

I am using MT4 build 218 in Windows 98 SE and it is fully functional and excellent.

When I updated to MT4 build 220 then the MT stopped working, I received the following error:

Dialog "Themida"
An internal exception occurred (Address 0xb3f9d4)
Please, contact support@oreants.com. Thank you!

I had to remove build 220 and reinstall again build 218 to continue working.

Please could you continue to support windows 98 platform.

I would also like to request that the "Themida" problem on build 220 affecting Windows 98 SE be looked at.

My symptoms are slightly different - I get a small window with "Themida" in the title bar when starting up, with un-printable characters inside the window, and OK button at the bottom.

It looks like Windows 98 is still listed as a supported platform, and an older machine on Windows 98 is excellent as a machine dedicated to running EAs.

I also examined that the problem with Windows 98 is also with build 219. The last version that is working with windows 98 is build 218. I hope that the windoes 98 platform is supported further.

I also want to inform that Windows 9x is still supported by the community and there are approximately 70 million users of Windows 9x. There are a large collection of updates and hotfixes available for Windows 9x provided by the community e.g. http://www.mdgx.com/spx/

If you imporove MetaTrader then please try to test it also in Linux with Wine http://winehq.org/ I have already used MT4 in Linux, but there aresome problems with EA-s. The programme itself is working.There are guide how to run MT in Linux http://forums.fxservice.com/index.php?showtopic=499&pid=5488&st=0&#entry5488

MetaQuotes :

What’s new:

I just started to use a virtual private server (Windows 2003 Server) and was trying to run the liveupdate for the Build 220. The liveupdate.exe shuts down before it completes the update. I had the same problem with my local VISTA machine and was because the User Account Control (UAC) was enabled. I disabled teh UAC and the liveupdate successfuly updated the platform to Build 220. I contacted the support team of the VPS and they tried to excluded the files metalang.exe and terminal.exe from anti-virus scanner, however it was still failing. I need to run the 220 build as the earlier (218) crashes when I run some EA that was optimized for Build 220.

Any suggestion how I can update to 220?

When I'm installed this, it could not connect to demo server / re-scan server for windows Vista. please advice.

Using Windows 98SE. Build 218 worked flawlessly. Accept upgrade prompt to 220. On Terminal restart get small popup with title bar of "Themida". Click OK and popup closes but no Terminal startup.

Uninstall sticks on first action. Must kill off. Like others above, what changed between 218 and 220 to cause this issue ???

Ever since this upgrade I can't use it. terminal.exe error:

terminal.exe has encountered a problem ans needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Under data contain in the report it says;

Error signature

AppName terminal.exe    AppVer  4.0.2.20    ModName   terminal.exe

ModVer  4.0.2.20     Offset:  003ab84b

Reason: