MT5 LiveUpdate fails on netcup server after 1 year without problems; MQL5 returns HTTP 403

 

My root server, which I rent from the German provider netcup, has been running for over a year without any problems with MT5. It uses the same static IP address as before, and I have not recently changed its configuration. The server runs four MetaTrader 5 terminal instances for my own automated trading.

The problem has only existed for approximately one to two weeks. All four terminals fail when checking for the current release. Their Journals show:

LiveUpdate check for release version MQL5.
community authorization failed

The MQL5 website can no longer be accessed from the server either. I can't explain it, because nothing has changed.

The installed MT5 build (Version: 5:00 build 6230) is the same as on my private PC, where the release check succeeds and reports that the latest version is installed.

I also tested access from the server:
- DNS resolution for www.mql5.com succeeds.
- TCP port 443 is reachable on www.mql5.com and www.metatrader5.com.
- Edge browser receives “Access to www.mql5.com was denied” (HTTP 403), including in InPrivate mode.
- A normal IPv4 GET request with curl also returns HTTP 403. A HEAD request (curl -I) returns HTTP 200.
- TCP connections to download.mql5.com:443 and download.terminal.free:443 time out. Both hostnames resolve to the same two IPv4 addresses.
- Windows Defender Firewall has no enabled outbound block rules. The netcup firewall is inactive.
- Windows routes the download-host connections through Ethernet and the server’s default gateway, not through WireGuard.

Could this be an IP-related restriction, a provider/subnet restriction, or a routing issue affecting MetaQuotes’ download services? Could MetaQuotes check this and advise how to restore access? I can provide the server’s IP and further test results privately if there is an appropriate support channel. I will not post the IP publicly.

I found the MQL5 blog post “Summary: Installation Failed - Error 403 and more,” which says that the Service Desk may be able to check some cases and may request the server IP. Is there a way to submit that information privately to MetaQuotes?

Thank you in advance for your help. nob

MetaTrader 5 Handelsplattform für Devisen, Aktien, Futures
MetaTrader 5 Handelsplattform für Devisen, Aktien, Futures
  • www.metatrader5.com
MetaTrader 5 ist eine kostenlose Anwendung für Händler, die technische Analysen und Handelsoperationen in den Devisenmärkten, Aktienbörsen durchführen kann.
 
Norbert:


do a search of this site and you will find that mt5 has had issues with netcup for many many many years.
 
Norbert:
My root server, which I rent from the German provider netcup

Summary: Installation Failed - Error 403 and more - blog post

More about error 443: summary post  and post 

 
Michael Charles Schefe #:
do a search of this site and you will find that mt5 has had issues with netcup for many many many years.
Sergey Golubev #:

Summary: Installation Failed - Error 403 and more - blog post

More about error 443: summary post  and post 

Thanks for your replies/Danke euch beiden. Of course, I have already searched the forum extensively. However, none of that explains why my server ran without issues for over a year. Why is the IP address of the server suddenly being blocked? How can I get it unblocked? Switching the server provider is absolutely not an option due to the long-term contract. How can I contact MetaQuotes support?

Surely it cannot be MetaQuotes' goal to drive away long-standing customers who have done absolutely nothing wrong in such a drastic manner?