Can't copy SIGNAL trades - What am I doing wrong?

Have just joined. I know it's something that I'm doing wrong but I just can't get it going.

Have opened an account and made a deposit into MQL5.community.

In MQL4 I chose a Signal, clicked Copy Trades, a small window appeared. Then clicked Start Copying in Metatrader.

Another small window appeared; it was titled Launch Application. The first line said; This link needs to be opened with an application.

Then it says Choose an Application. I clicked CHOOSE, and then it listed my computer files. I don't know what to do next....

What am I doing wrong. Please Help.

suesdollars:

Have just joined. I know it's something that I'm doing wrong but I just can't get it going.

Have opened an account and made a deposit into MQL5.community.

In MQL4 I chose a Signal, clicked Copy Trades, a small window appeared. Then clicked Start Copying in Metatrader.

Another small window appeared; it was titled Launch Application. The first line said; This link needs to be opened with an application.

Then it says Choose an Application. I clicked CHOOSE, and then it listed my computer files. I don't know what to do next....

What am I doing wrong. Please Help.

Hi

Couple of questions: Have you installed MT4 or MT5? What operating system are you using?

p.s. your other post was removed - please don't double post. Thanks :) 

Installed MT4

Am  using  Firefox operating system.

Thanks for answering. I would really like to get going with this.

I'll try IE to see if it makes  a difference.

Am using Windows 7 Home  Premium Edition on an AMD processor 1.00 GHz

suesdollars:

Am using Windows 7 Home  Premium Edition on an AMD processor 1.00 GHz

OK well shouldn't be any problems there. It could be FireFox, I've had probs with that before. Others say Chrome is a problem for them but it's one of the only browsers that works for me on MQL5.com so maybe give that a go. Please report back.

Filter:
OK well shouldn't be any problems there. It could be FireFox, I've had probs with that before. Others say Chrome is a problem for them but it's one of the only browsers that works for me on MQL5.com so maybe give that a go. Please report back.

Hi suesdollars,

Ok, I understand your problem. Yes, the subscription of signals in mt4 is a little strange and difficult to follow, and I myself had the same problem. You would think the above would work, but all it does is try to install mt4 again on your computer.

What you need to do is open your instance of mt4. Use the website to locate the name of the signal you want to subscribe to, for example Xyzed. You then need to take that name, and type it in exactly as it is called into the search field at the top right of your MT4 terminal. After some time, you will see search results in the terminal window of Mt4 (in the search tab). You then, need to click on the signal filter at the top of the same window, and you should see a list of results. It is often hard to tell (because sometimes the listings don't show the signal name), but typically either the first listing will be the signal you are after or perhaps the 2nd  etc. Click on them, and they should come up in the terminal window after a few seconds, sowing the signal you want.

Now, after doing all of that, if you have enough funds and the signal is available to be subscribed to with your account type (there are rules now about the acct type must match the trading acct type, et el). But if all went well, you should see a button allowing you to subscribe. If not, they, repeat all the above again, or check your search text matches the name exactly.

Hope that helps you!

Steve

Filter:

Switched to IE. This definitely made a difference. I thought it was going to work. It "appeared" to load the signal into my computer.

However, nothing happened. There was no change in MT4. There were no "signal" messages in the Journal tab.

Also, no money was deducted from my Community account.

This was progress, but I'm not there yet.

suesdollars:

Switched to IE. This definitely made a difference. I thought it was going to work. It "appeared" to load the signal into my computer.

However, nothing happened. There was no change in MT4. There were no "signal" messages in the Journal tab.

Also, no money was deducted from my Community account.

This was progress, but I'm not there yet.

You can't using your browser to subscribe, clicking on the subscribe link on this website just tries to install mt4 so you can then subscribe in mt4. Since you already have mt4 installed, you need to follow my post above, or watch this video which explains in detail. It can be a little tricky, I wish you luck. https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/821
Video tutorial: MetaTrader Signals Service
Video tutorial: MetaTrader Signals Service
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
In just 15 minutes, this video tutorial explains what MetaTrader Signals Service is, and demonstrates in great detail how to subscribe to trade signals and how to become a signal provider in our service. By watching this tutorial, you will be able to subscribe to any trading signal, or publish and promote your own signals in our service.

morton247:

Hi suesdollars,

Ok, I understand your problem. Yes, the subscription of signals in mt4 is a little strange and difficult to follow, and I myself had the same problem. You would think the above would work, but all it does is try to install mt4 again on your computer.

What you need to do is open your instance of mt4. Use the website to locate the name of the signal you want to subscribe to, for example Xyzed. You then need to take that name, and type it in exactly as it is called into the search field at the top right of your MT4 terminal. After some time, you will see search results in the terminal window of Mt4 (in the search tab). You then, need to click on the signal filter at the top of the same window, and you should see a list of results. It is often hard to tell (because sometimes the listings don't show the signal name), but typically either the first listing will be the signal you are after or perhaps the 2nd  etc. Click on them, and they should come up in the terminal window after a few seconds, sowing the signal you want.

Now, after doing all of that, if you have enough funds and the signal is available to be subscribed to with your account type (there are rules now about the acct type must match the trading acct type, et el). But if all went well, you should see a button allowing you to subscribe. If not, they, repeat all the above again, or check your search text matches the name exactly.

Hope that helps you!

Steve

Thanks Steve for these very good instructions. I did exactly as instructed to the best of my ability but it still is a no go. I think I'll just buy a good EA and forget these signals. If you want to instruct

me by phone, I'll be interested. Thanks again.

Bill

Reason: