A computer for testing and optimising the robot (Expert Advisor). - page 5

There is some kind of asynchronous mode, I haven't looked into it. Anyway, I don't do overclocking, I don't see the point, it's just a lot of fuss. If, of course, there is a buzz, it's probably fun. And so in general there is a sense to buy the most productive and cheap machines and which do not eat much, to connect them on a network, and the main thing that everything is under warranty. I was once interested in digging into the hardware, and then the attitude purely consumer became, I do not want to think about it. Why don't you buy ibm power?

fxsaber #:
All this (such calculations) could be hung on a cheap (for algo-trading anyway) remote system.

Now I have ~60000 files (stats + logs from each robot) on SSD mirror, I don't want to race it all over the network. And at home I have two channels to the Internet, UPS computer+router+switch keeps half an hour.

JRandomTrader #:

At home I have two channels to the Internet, UPS computer+router+switch holds half an hour.

On such configuration would hang only video cameras with recording. Everyone has their own preferences, got it.

it's all dialogue ...concrete examples of cars would be nice to see )

stelsion #:
this is all dialogue ...concrete examples of machines would be nice to see )

Terminal Windows 10 build 19045, 24 x 13th Gen Intel Core i7-13790F, AVX2, 55 / 63 Gb memory, 12 / 367 Gb disk,

perfect, the new 14 should not be taken, it's just selected crystals, 14700K if you look, they added lean cores, but the price is crap, I would look for 13900, it's also selected no worse than the14th generation

lynxntech #:

Terminal Windows 10 build 19045, 24 x 13th Gen Intel Core i7-13790F, AVX2, 55 / 63 Gb memory, 12 / 367 Gb disk,

perfect, the new 14 is not worth taking, it's just selected crystals, 14700K if you look at it, they added lean cores, but the price is crazy, I would look for 13900, it's also selected no worse than the 14th generation.

14700K is much cheaper than 13900K https://cdek.shopping/c/126/processory-cpu?attributes[]=71_676

JRandomTrader #:

The 14700K is a lot cheaper than the 13900K https://cdek.shopping/c/126/processory-cpu?attributes[]=71_676

this is a harsh reality, I buy everything in china for a long time.

and there is a moment, if you have expensive ddr4, you should not part with it, that- to ddr5 overtake on latency, and this is the most important thing in the work of memory, you need to buy the most expensive sets and then overclock them to 6800 minimum!!!!

ddr5 is the ***baby of the century.

I just the board came from ozone instead of ddr4 version, 5)))) okay there on promo code savings, etc.)

Tested on a lot of solutions. The best results are achieved on Ryzen Zen 5 + 64Gb+ DDR 5.
Why not Intel:
- The P+E architecture is extremely poor for this kind of tasks.
- Small cores are noticeably slower than large cores, but eat the same amount of RAM as large cores. (meaning the process, the run that loads them). Consequently, you can't load all 24 cores as it will go to the RAM.
- Because of changes in meta optimiser a couple of years ago - meta lost allocation to free cores. As a consequence - big cores after finishing their runs wait for small cores and as a result, everything rests on small cores.
- Tred Director considers optimisation runs as background and throws them on small cores. This requires some tambourine dancing and Process Lasso. Disabling E cores and running only on 8 P cores has a positive effect on speed.
Why Ryzen:
- For a reasonable price you can buy a 12 - 16 core CPU in which all cores are large and a huge amount of cache.
- Performance per watt is higher due to the technical process.
- Can be underwatched by underdraw and in automatic mode. You don't need a z-series mother for overclocking.

- Optimisation goes smoothly without expecting small cores.

Why DDR 5 and why it is not marketing for such tasks:

- Frame is split into 2, which doubles the access speed in multithreaded tasks.

- Good to overclock to 6000, total throughput is almost 2x higher.

- Huge caches of both Ryzen and Intel do notвилиiruetsya lag on high timings. And high bandwidth + split into 2 frames - exclude memory downtime of cores.

DrSky #:

Tested on a lot of solutions. The best results are achieved on Ryzen Zen 5 + 64Gb+ DDR 5.
Why not Intel:
- The P+E architecture is extremely poor for this kind of tasks.
- Small cores are noticeably slower than large cores, but eat the same amount of RAM as large cores. (meaning the process, the run that loads them). Consequently, you can't load all 24 cores as it will go to the RAM.
- Because of changes in meta optimiser a couple of years ago - meta lost allocation to free cores. As a consequence - big cores after finishing their runs wait for small cores and as a result, everything rests on small cores.
- Tred Director considers optimisation runs as background and throws them on small cores. This requires some tambourine dancing and Process Lasso. Disabling E cores and running only on 8 P cores has a positive effect on speed.
Why Ryzen:
- For a reasonable price you can buy a 12 - 16 core CPU in which all cores are large and a huge amount of cache.
- Performance per watt is higher due to the technical process.
- Can be underwatched by underdraw and in automatic mode. No z-series mother is needed for overclocking.

- Optimisation goes smoothly without expecting small cores.

Why DDR 5 and why it is not marketing for such tasks:

- Frame is split into 2, which doubles the access speed in multithreaded tasks.

- Can be well overclocked up to 6000, total throughput is almost 2 times higher.

- Huge caches of both Ryzen and Intel do notвилиiruetsya lag on high timings. And high bandwidth + split into 2 frames - exclude memory downtime of cores.

Thank you very much for such details! Very valuable post.

For single tests you need a 2-core machine. For optimisations - cloud. We make the cloud ourselves. We rent machines by the hour or daily. For example, I have 3 -4 rubles per hour 8 cores and memory 12 gb. Order any number of servers. For example, 5. Trade is conducted on the same hoster only VPS take on the needs.
Put on each Radmin VPN and metatester. ALL ! on the home (which 2 cores) or work VPS run optimisation and rejoice that saved 100k rubles.
Reason: