Pair trading and multicurrency arbitrage. The showdown. - page 318

Muravey #:
Hello everyone, a special hello to Vitaly and thank you for all his hard work.
I’ve got a problem: when I try to download the indicators you’ve provided, most of them don’t load. What could be causing this?

Hello!

Wait until the market opens; you need at least one tick.

Or just refresh the chart

--

And yes, it’s best to enter ‘0’ here


Vitaly Muzichenko #:

When the button is switched off, there is a huge discrepancy between the mirror pairs, which makes sense – they are mirror pairs, and the readings are completely irrelevant

As I wrote earlier, if the pairs are mirrored – 2 in Buy or 2 in Sell

Vitaly, here’s what I don’t understand. If there are 2 Buy positions, we end up with a one-sided position rather than a hedged one .

So how do we make a profit with such an opening position?

Sergey2134 #:

Vitaly, here’s what I don’t understand. If we have 2 in ‘Buy’, we end up with a one-way position rather than a hedged one .

So how do we make a profit with this sort of trade?

2 Buys or 2 Sells = if the pairs move in opposite directions


Vitaly Muzichenko #:

2 Buy or 2 Sell = if the pairs move in opposite directions


How does that work? Where does the fuel come from?

Perhaps I’m not phrasing the question correctly. Here’s a recent example. I’ve highlighted the pair in red in the screenshot. There’s currently a signal for it. And it appears in the table with the ‘Reverse’ icon ticked.

But if you open these pairs separately in their own M30 windows, you’ll see that you need to enter one Buy and one Sell.

Files:
Sergey2134 #:

Perhaps I’m not phrasing the question correctly. Here’s a recent example. I’ve highlighted the pair in red in the screenshot. There’s a signal on it right now. And it’s in the table with the ‘Reverse’ icon ticked.

But if you open these pairs separately in their own M30 windows, you’ll see that you need to enter one Buy and one Sell order.

In your screenshot, there are two pairs showing ‘Sell’, because the pairs are moving in the opposite direction.
mvf358 #:
So what if they move in opposite directions? A crash is a crash, even in Africa.

If I understand Vitaly’s system correctly… In his system, hedged Buy and Sell positions are opened only on direct currency pairs – those that roughly mirror each other.

If, however, the second pair is a mirror pair – that is, it moves in the opposite direction to the first – then the trade on it should not be a ‘Sell’, but a ‘mirror trade of the Sell’, which is, accordingly, a ‘Buy’ again.

However, I’ve noticed that there are exceptions...

Sergey2134 #:

If I understand Vitaly’s system correctly... In his system, hedged Buy and Sell positions are opened only on direct currency pairs – those that are roughly mirror images of one another.

If, however, the second pair is a mirror pair – that is, it moves in the opposite direction to the first – then the trade on it should not be a ‘Sell’, but a ‘mirror trade of the Sell’, which is, accordingly, a ‘Buy’ again.

However, I’ve noticed that there are exceptions...

There are more exceptions than rules.

Well, perhaps Vitaly will explain himself why, when two ‘Buy’ or two ‘Sell’ positions are open, the system treats this as a hedged position.

His latest article states as much: ‘a reversal signal appears – a hedged combination is opened’.

Sergey2134 #:

Well, perhaps Vitaly will explain himself why, when two Buy or two Sell orders are open, the system treats this as a hedged position.

His latest article states as much: ‘a reversal signal appears – a hedged combination is opened’.

Is this a question for me, or are you in contact with mvf?