Reset PC and now my agents wont work

Hello,

I reset my PC last week and reinstalled MetaTester5 and all my agents are shown connected and running but they have not been working.  Its been several days and my other PC's have been working. 

Also, before resetting my PC they were working, although they would occasionally utilize 100% of my ram and cause my PC to crash, which is why I elected to reset my PC.

Anyone else having issues?

JohnDoh337:

Hello,

I reset my PC last week and reinstalled MetaTester5 and all my agents are shown connected and running but they have not been working.  Its been several days and my other PC's have been working. 

Also, before resetting my PC they were working, although they would occasionally utilize 100% of my ram and cause my PC to crash, which is why I elected to reset my PC.

if pc is crashing, then, you should assume that the issue is unstable pc. nothing to do with mt.

JohnDoh337:

Hello,

i think they updated recently, when they update my agents seem to not get any work for a week or so.

i also had problems with them eating all my ram, resetting and adding more ram fixed the problem.

my agents atm are getting almost no work after 2 days, this is after a fresh reinstall of windows, i just assumed the network wasnt that busy. also added a computer to the network, it is also getting next to no work after 2 days.

also make sure to reset agents nightly or you will run into ram problems. my agents for some reason will sometimes free up ram and other times not, so i end up with idle agents using 5gigs+ of ram.

Mark Woolcox #:

i think they updated recently, when they update my agents seem to not get any work for a week or so.

i also had problems with them eating all my ram, resetting and adding more ram fixed the problem.

my agents atm are getting almost no work after 2 days, this is after a fresh reinstall of windows, i just assumed the network wasnt that busy. also added a computer to the network, it is also getting next to no work after 2 days.

also make sure to reset agents nightly or you will run into ram problems. my agents for some reason will sometimes free up ram and other times not, so i end up with idle agents using 5gigs+ of ram.

I agree things have been slow on the network the last two days. For the month my tester agents have done $43 worth of work. But the last two days have both been under $1. I run four computers on the cloud network with ram from 32gb to 64gb and occasionally see high ram usage but its rare. 

Douglas Peacock #:

I agree things have been slow on the network the last two days. For the month my tester agents have done $43 worth of work. But the last two days have both been under $1. I run four computers on the cloud network with ram from 32gb to 64gb and occasionally see high ram usage but its rare. 

yea network seems slow, usually i get 1-2 hours worth of work a day, in the last 2 days i have gotten 8 minutes across 2 comptuers.

Hmm... no, but I will check this out for you.

Crawford Evans #:
Hmm... no, but I will check this out for you.

is there a vetting process or something? before i reset my pc i was getting tons of work, seems every time i reset my pcs i get next to no work for a little bit then it picks up again after like a week.

Michael Charles Schefe #:

if pc is crashing, then, you should assume that the issue is unstable pc. nothing to do with mt.

We'll, the pc was only crashing when MT was utilizing 100% of ram sooooo....  Not sure what you mean honestly.  Since reset and the MT is not working I've had no crashes

Mark Woolcox #:

is there a vetting process or something? before i reset my pc i was getting tons of work, seems every time i reset my pcs i get next to no work for a little bit then it picks up again after like a week.

Same, before I was having crashing issues my agents seemed to always be working.  On my older laptop those still work fine. 

mine got 1 hour worth of work today, so it seems its going back to normal, i also had crashing due to resources running out, only thing you can do is add more hardware, its not a hardware fault that im aware of causing the crashes, my crash was on a brand new system, and it hasnt happened since i upgraded ram count.

only thing ive seen since then is my harddrive being used, 1tb used in just under 1 hour for something, never seen that before, but be aware that it can happen, and will cause a crash when you run out of room lol...

Mark Woolcox #:

mine got 1 hour worth of work today, so it seems its going back to normal, i also had crashing due to resources running out, only thing you can do is add more hardware, its not a hardware fault that im aware of causing the crashes, my crash was on a brand new system, and it hasnt happened since i upgraded ram count.

only thing ive seen since then is my harddrive being used, 1tb used in just under 1 hour for something, never seen that before, but be aware that it can happen, and will cause a crash when you run out of room loI

I've already got 32gb of ram and never had this issue on other PC's, one also has 32gb and the other 16gb.  I just uninstalled and reinstalled and will just wait until they work.  I've been offering my PC resources since 2018 and never had this issue before.  I just install and the agents work and never crashed my pc

Reason: