agents wont connect.

im not sure whats up, i formatted my computer last week, and now i cant get the agents to connect to the cloud....

CS    0    13:17:20.605    Startup    access rights to common directory successfully checked
CS    0    13:17:20.607    Startup    service start initialized
CS    0    13:17:20.607    Startup    create startup thread
CS    0    13:17:20.607    Startup    thread successfully created
CS    0    13:17:20.607    Startup    MetaTester 5 build 4041 (24 Oct 2023)
CS    0    13:17:20.607    Startup    Windows 10 build 19045, 32 x Intel Xeon  E5-2667 v4 @ 3.20GHz, AVX2, 42 / 47 Gb memory, 664 / 930 Gb disk, UAC, admin, GMT-5
CS    0    13:17:20.609    Server     MetaTester 5 started on 0.0.0.0:2000
CS    0    13:17:20.616    Network    server agent1.mql5.net ping 103 ms
CS    0    13:17:20.616    Network    server agent2.mql5.net ping 29 ms
CS    0    13:17:20.616    Network    server agent3.mql5.net ping 139 ms
CS    0    13:17:20.616    Network    server agent4.mql5.net ping 29 ms
CS    0    13:17:20.618    Startup    MQL5 account:  cloud network mode is on
CS    0    13:17:20.618    Startup    initialization finished

i dont see anything wrong, my setup works fine otherwise, just agents wont connect to the cloud to sell resources...

is there a log file somewhere with more information as to whats going on?

currently they have been in a disconnected state for over a week. no matter how many times i reinsatall the agents, reboot my computer, reboot my modem, they are refusing to connect.

since the 4040 update i have had nothing but problems with my agents. first they used more resources then were available, i thought something was wrong with my setup so i formatted, now they are refusing to work at all.

before the format they would use resources till the computer crashed.

the PR of my agents is 150-156.

Distributed Computing in the MQL5 Cloud Network
Distributed Computing in the MQL5 Cloud Network
  • cloud.mql5.com
Connect to the MQL5 Cloud Network (Cloud Computing) and earn extra income around the clock — there is much work for you computer!

my agents won't connect either for half a day now.  i can shed some light on the resources and crashing you were experiencing because it was happening to me too.  all my computers were crashing. what occured is that they enabled avx2 workloads on the update. avx2 uses up more power then avx so your computers were crashing because they were overheating.  In my case I resolved it by disabling hyperthreading to cool things down plus bringing down the voltage and frequency some. this allows them to run avx2 without overheating and shutting down. your motherboard might have an option called "avx offset".  if it does you can enter a 300mhz offset and this will solve the problem for you because on an avx job the processor will run 300mhz lower which will use less heat so they won't shut down on you.

i figured out what was wrong, the us server must have been down for maintenance, the european servers were showing in mt5, but the us ones were missing, they are back now and the agents have reconnected to the network.

i could have saved sometime had i known this, there is no log saying the servers were down or anything, so it looked like it was a problem on my end, when it was actually mql5 that had the problem.

it wasnt actually a heating problem the average temp of the pc is about 40c at full load, it was a computer running out of resources problem, it would use memory till thecomputer would shutdown with an error about lack of memory. any suggestion on how to fix this?? ill be putting another 32 gigs into the computer next week.

the problem with agents not connecting should be fixed now, the us server is back. not sure if its possible to run vpn with the agents, but if it is i would suggest a european location, they seem to get more work/users.

Mark Woolcox #:

i figured out what was wrong, the us server must have been down for maintenance, the european servers were showing in mt5, but the us ones were missing, they are back now and the agents have reconnected to the network.

i could have saved sometime had i known this, there is no log saying the servers were down or anything, so it looked like it was a problem on my end, when it was actually mql5 that had the problem.

it wasnt actually a heating problem the average temp of the pc is about 40c at full load, it was a computer running out of resources problem, it would use memory till thecomputer would shutdown with an error about lack of memory. any suggestion on how to fix this?? ill be putting another 32 gigs into the computer next week.

the problem with agents not connecting should be fixed now, the us server is back. not sure if its possible to run vpn with the agents, but if it is i would suggest a european location, they seem to get more work/users.

thanks for the info.  yes i see the agents are connected again, excellent.  Well I normally assign atleast 3GB of memory per agent.  It is overkill but it prevents low memory issues.  thanks

can you point me or show me a screen shot in MT5 where i assign the ram??

atm they are using 10+ gigs each.

Mark Woolcox #:

can you point me or show me a screen shot in MT5 where i assign the ram??

atm they are using 10+ gigs each.

There is no way to assign them on the mql software.  The calculation depends on how much memory you have on the computer.  For example if the computer has 32GB of memory and has atleast 12 processors, then the max amount of agents I install on that computer are 10 (10 x 3GB each = 30GB).  An agent taking up 10GB each is way too much, something is wrong.  Update your drivers and run the Windows Updates to latest.  At times I've noticed memory leaks on some mql jobs where my memory gets completely full but that is the exception.  An instance of this happened a few days ago actually but it is not the norm.

yea thats the problem i am having, there seems to be a memory leak, the memory gets used then never freed, so next time the agent runs it uses another 3g of ram, even though it has 3g assigned to it in idle state.

if you look at the attached jpg, the 2 agents at the top of the window are idle, but they are using 2gigs+ each, one is using almost 5.5gigs that wasnt freed up when running a test.

i think its adding up and adding up till the computer is out of resources, this just started happening recently, ive run the cloud agent thing for almost a year now and never seen anything close to this. as of the 4040 update though, the computer hasnt been handing mql5 cloud very well, it was just formatted and installed with all new drivers etc.

Files:
RAMUSAGE.jpg  127 kb

Mark Woolcox #:

yea thats the problem i am having, there seems to be a memory leak, the memory gets used then never freed, so next time the agent runs it uses another 3g of ram, even though it has 3g assigned to it in idle state.

if you look at the attached jpg, the 2 agents at the top of the window are idle, but they are using 2gigs+ each, one is using almost 5.5gigs that wasnt freed up when running a test.

i think its adding up and adding up till the computer is out of resources, this just started happening recently, ive run the cloud agent thing for almost a year now and never seen anything close to this. as of the 4040 update though, the computer hasnt been handing mql5 cloud very well, it was just formatted and installed with all new drivers etc.

When that happen to you again look your SSD... That happen to me each day. It look like the agents are uncompressing (unzipping) massive data in the SSD (over 250GB). Also you are right, memory is freed in the next job, and the SSD too. (or maybe the next job is the same job). Because it took more than an hour to fill my SSD with 240GB (They were in no hurry with this).

Look the images i attached in this post

https://www.mql5.com/es/forum/462700

Best Regard!!

Qué tipo de BackTest requiere 240GB de espacio en disco?
Qué tipo de BackTest requiere 240GB de espacio en disco?
  • www.mql5.com
Estaba un poco mosqueado porque un par de agentes estuvieron mas de una hora escribiendo en el disco sin parar... Averigüe que estaban haciendo...

Mark Woolcox #:

As I've said before, they haven't made significant changes to any of this for a very long time (years).  Any changes in behavior that you're experiencing have to do with the type of jobs users are asking the MQL5 Cloud Network to process.  You should be really happy that the biggest agent you're looking at is using only 5.5 GB of RAM—take a look at the attached screenshot to get an idea of what it could climb to!  (And note the date in the screenshot—just to further confirm that this is not new behavior.)  If your system is regularly running out of memory and crashing, add more RAM or reduce the number of agents running on your PC.  And no, this is not happening due to a "memory leak" in the tester application; it is allocating memory based on the requirements of the incoming jobs (which are often coded poorly), and at the finish of a job pass, it leaves the agent set up so it will be ready should another pass from that same job come your way.  Eventually, it will shut down the tester and automatically free all the allocated RAM and delete all the temporary files.  Restart your PC or restart the individual agents if you wish to free this memory on demand, at the cost of forfeiting your place in the que to get future passes for that job.

Files:

Shalem Loritsch #:

As I've said before, they haven't made significant changes to any of this for a very long time (years).  Any changes in behavior that you're experiencing have to do with the type of jobs users are asking the MQL5 Cloud Network to process.  You should be really happy that the biggest agent you're looking at is using only 5.5 GB of RAM—take a look at the attached screenshot to get an idea of what it could climb to!  (And note the date in the screenshot—just to further confirm that this is not new behavior.)  If your system is regularly running out of memory and crashing, add more RAM or reduce the number of agents running on your PC.  And no, this is not happening due to a "memory leak" in the tester application; it is allocating memory based on the requirements of the incoming jobs (which are often coded poorly), and at the finish of a job pass, it leaves the agent set up so it will be ready should another pass from that same job come your way.  Eventually, it will shut down the tester and automatically free all the allocated RAM and delete all the temporary files.  Restart your PC or restart the individual agents if you wish to free this memory on demand, at the cost of forfeiting your place in the que to get future passes for that job.

Wow!! That's awesome!!

I don't understand why it need sooo disk space!! How many SSDs have they broken?

I have a lot of RAM, but they never use it all. 28 agents and the maximum RAM used has been about 90GB

But such intensive use of the SSD worries me. The Achilles' heel of SSDs is precisely the writing of data.

If they write one or two TB per day the SSD will not live more than a year. 

I tried to install the agents on a secondary SSD different from the operating system. But they didn't work. They immediately disconnected.  (i don't want to reinstall the system)

I hope Metaquotes engineers realize that destroying SSD is not profitable.

Best regards!!

Reason: