mt5 build 4073 deletes custom symbols - page 2

Lorentzos Roussos #: im confused , each broker has their own LiveUpdate system ? or is the check looking for >= last_stable_release ?

Yes, each broker controls their own "Live Update" stage as far as I can tell.

Most will only push out the official build, but at times, brokers may push out a "beta" to fix some major issue that affects them or affects the majority of their customers.

Fernando Carreiro #:

To test this, you can restore 4040 and clear any cached updates and see if the broker pushes out 4061 again.

If it does not, then you may have accidentality connected to a MetaQuotes demo account at one time and got the "beta" update.

ow so the brokers connect to the live update and state which version should be the latest norm for their clients . got it.

Also i think you get a beta and then a mq demo account not the other way around . (or you use linux)

thanks

Lorentzos Roussos #: ow so the brokers connect to the live update and state which version should be the latest norm for their clients . got it. Also i think you get a beta and then a mq demo account not the other way around . (or you use linux) thanks

When you connect to a MetaQuotes demo trading account, it will immediately update to the latest "beta" build.

And once that update is cached on your system, it will not go back and it will update all your installations on your computer.

You have to clear out all the backup caches (there is more than one) and restore the previous build to get rid of it.

Fernando Carreiro #:

When you connect to a MetaQuotes demo trading account, it will immediately update to the latest "beta" build.

And once that update is cached on your system, it will not go back and it will update all your installations on your computer.

You have to clear out all the backup caches (there is more than one) and restore the previous build to get rid of it.

i thought distribution of MQDemos had stopped (excluding linux) anyway , thanks

PS : Isn't that dangerous ? A broker pushing a version mq has not yet deemed stable ? So a broker could have pushed 4073 and a renko trading system would stop working , unless the coder anticipated this.

Lorentzos Roussos #: i thought distribution of MQDemos had stopped (excluding linux)

What do you mean by "distribution" has stopped? Since when? You can create MetaQuotes Demo accounts any time you want.

Lorentzos Roussos #: Isn't that dangerous ? A broker pushing a version mq has not yet deemed stable ?

Yes, that is why reputable brokers only do that when absolutely necessary, when an official release has had a serious flaw (which has happened several times). At those times, those brokers have selected one of the "beta" release that fixes the issue but remains stable, and push it out, but they stop at that release and don't push out any further beta builds until the next official release.

They also do it when it is in their best interest for them or their customer base to push a specific "beta" release.

There have also been times where brokers have help back the official release and did not push it out until some fixed build has come out, and then skipped to the fixed build.

PS! Currently all the brokers I am using are only pushing out 4040.

Fernando Carreiro #:

What do you mean by "distribution" has stopped? Since when? You can create MetaQuotes Demo accounts any time you want.

Yes, that is why reputable brokers only do that when absolutely necessary, when an official release has had a serious flaw (which has happened several times). At those times, those brokers have selected one of the "beta" release that fixes the issue but remains stable, and push it out, but they stop at that release and don't push out any further beta builds until the next official release.

They also do it when it is in their best interest for them or their customer base to push a specific "beta" release.

There have also been times where brokers have help back the official release and did not push it out until some fixed build has come out, and then skipped to the fixed build.

PS! Currently all the brokers I am using are only pushing out 4040.

I am really not sure this is how all this mess is working.

Some days ago, I installed a new platform for broker A, downloaded the setup.exe from their site, I got installed build 4070 (last beta build at that time).

For example, I have a long time installed platform on a Broker B, it's build 4040. As I was surprised to get build 4070 installed for the broker A, I was suspicious about, so I tried to install a new platform for the broker B, downloading the setup.exe from their site. And...my feeling was right, I got installed the last beta build 4073.

On all other "old" installed platform I have the official release 4040, except on MetaQuotes-demo of course. But if I install a new one, at least on the 2 brokers I tried, I got 4073.

@Alain Verleyen #: I am really not sure this is how all this mess is working. Some days ago, I installed a new platform for broker A, downloaded the setup.exe from their site, I got installed build 4070 (last beta build at that time). For example, I have a long time installed platform on a Broker B, it's build 4040. As I was surprised to get build 4070 installed for the broker A, I was suspicious about, so I tried to install a new platform for the broker B, downloading the setup.exe from their site. And...my feeling was right, I got installed the last beta build 4073. On all other "old" installed platform I have the official release 4040, except on MetaQuotes-demo of course. But if I install a new one, at least on the 2 brokers I tried, I got 4073.

I believe you are mixing apples an oranges. One thing is the Live Update from the broker, and the other is the installation process.

As far as I have experienced, the installer, whether it is from a broker or not, always connects to MetaQuotes to get the latest version, usually a "beta".

That is why I stopped using the "installers" many years ago, and currently I only use "portable" setups.

Now that you mentioned it the 4061 was a fresh installation too 4 days ago from the brokers website . In case it helps

I did a full wipe , from what i recall the same broker terminal had gone up to 4040 with updates before the wipe.

Fernando Carreiro #:

That is also a "beta" build, not an official release build. Some brokers however, may push out a "beta" build if it is crucial to some business activity of theirs.

I am stuck in 4076 build. Metaeditor search and replace not working so i can not even code.

You said 4061 is beta build, When i download from official website, it downloads 4061 build only. I dont want BETA build, can you tell me from where i can download stable build?

Arpit T #:
can you tell mw from where i can download stable build?
from the brokers' websites, because some brokers are not forcing the traders to update MT5 for the beta builds.
Reason: