BuyLimit doesnt work with Deriv Crash 300 Index always gives Invalid Price

I tried  BuyLimit comand on my EA using Deriv account to trade but i always get Invalid Price error message, I tried to add +- my corrected_price to add slippage (also Ask price, Above market price etc..) but it doesnt accept my order. Any idea on Deriv on Crash 300 Index ?

> trade.BuyLimit(0.50, corrected_price, _Symbol, 0, 0, ORDER_TIME_GTC, 0, "TestDemoStrategy");

Your topic has been moved to the section: Expert Advisors and Automated Trading
Please consider which section is most appropriate — https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172166/page6#comment_49114893

Take into consideration, the Stops Level, the Freeze Level and the price alignment to tick size.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Tick size vs Point(), can be a little tricky in Multicurrency EA

Fernando Carreiro, 2022.03.09 12:11

Tick Size and Point Size can be very different especially on stocks and other symbols besides forex.

Always use Tick Size to adjust and align your prices, not the point size. In essence, make sure that your price quotes, are properly aligned to the Tick size (see following examples).

double tickSize = SymbolInfoDouble( _Symbol, SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_SIZE );
double normalised_price = round( price / tick_size ) * tick_size;
// Or use a function
double Round2Ticksize( double price )
{
   double tick_size = SymbolInfoDouble( _Symbol, SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_SIZE );
   return( round( price / tick_size ) * tick_size );
};

Also read the following ...

Articles

The checks a trading robot must pass before publication in the Market

MetaQuotes, 2016.08.01 09:30

Before any product is published in the Market, it must undergo compulsory preliminary checks in order to ensure a uniform quality standard. This article considers the most frequent errors made by developers in their technical indicators and trading robots. An also shows how to self-test a product before sending it to the Market.

I still get the following error:

OrderSend error 4756

retcode=10015  deal=0  order=0

#property description "Example of placing pending orders"
#property script_show_inputs
#define EXPERT_MAGIC 123456                             // MagicNumber of the expert
input ENUM_ORDER_TYPE orderType=ORDER_TYPE_BUY_LIMIT;   // order type
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| Placing pending orders                                           |
void OnStart()
  {
//--- declare and initialize the trade request and result of trade request
   MqlTradeRequest request={};
   MqlTradeResult  result={};
//--- parameters to place a pending order
   request.action   =TRADE_ACTION_PENDING;                             // type of trade operation
   request.symbol   =Symbol();                                         // symbol
   request.volume   =0.5;                                              // volume of 0.1 lot
   request.deviation=4;                                                // allowed deviation from the price
   request.magic    =EXPERT_MAGIC;                                     // MagicNumber of the order

int offset = 50;                                                    // offset from the current price to place the order, in points
   double price;
   double stoplimit;                                                   // order triggering price
   double point=SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol,SYMBOL_POINT);                // value of point
   int digits=SymbolInfoInteger(_Symbol,SYMBOL_DIGITS);  

// number of decimal places (precision)
   //--- checking the type of operation
   if(orderType==ORDER_TYPE_BUY_LIMIT)
     {
      request.type     =ORDER_TYPE_BUY_LIMIT;                          // order type
      price=SymbolInfoDouble(Symbol(),SYMBOL_ASK)-offset*point;        // price for opening 
      request.price    =NormalizeDouble(price,digits);
      stoplimit=SymbolInfoDouble(Symbol(),SYMBOL_BID)-offset*point; 
      Print(price, "-",stoplimit);                                      // normalized opening price 
      request.stoplimit==NormalizeDouble(stoplimit,digits);
     }

if(!OrderSend(request,result))
      PrintFormat("OrderSend error %d",GetLastError());                 // if unable to send the request, output the error code
//--- information about the operation
   PrintFormat("retcode=%u  deal=%I64u  order=%I64u",result.retcode,result.deal,result.order);
  }

Sanjay Chandak #: OrderSend error 4756 retcode=10015  deal=0  order=0

Did you lookup the error codes and their meanings?

ERR_TRADE_SEND_FAILED

Trade request sending failed

TRADE_RETCODE_INVALID_PRICE

Invalid price in the request

Sanjay Chandak #: I still get the following error:

What do you mean by "still"?

Why are you are not applying the advice given?

• Where are you checking and adjusting the price to the Tick Size?
  • Where are you checking and adjusting for the Stops Level?
  • Where are you checking and adjusting for the Freeze Level?

In other words, you did not apply any of the advice given to you in my previous post.

Also on a side note, you are also not checking the volume against the minimum, maximum and step values, as explained in the Article I linked for you.

Reason: