Technical glitches

I still have MT4 and having problems with latency and platforming freezing. Not sure if its because of my internet connection, broker or my indicators on the charts. Any suggestions on how to fix it. Will virtual hosting here help? Any suggestions would be appreciated. tks

Your topic has been moved to the section: MQL4 e MetaTrader 4 — In the future, please consider which section is most appropriate for your query.

If you are using some computing demanding indicators and you see your charts freeze and the price stuck, that means that your computer can't handle the setup you have put together.

Try close all your charts, restart your MT4 terminal and then open a single chart and start loading your indicators one by one. When you see something strange or your chart stuck, you will now the cause of this.

Also try on another computer if you can, to see if it is your current computer that can't cope with your setup.

Scott Littlefield: I still have MT4 and having problems with latency and platforming freezing. Not sure if its because of my internet connection, broker or my indicators on the charts. Any suggestions on how to fix it. Will virtual hosting here help? Any suggestions would be appreciated. tks

Check both the Journal log and Experts log for any messages that might provide a clue.

VPS may help only if you are trading with fully automated EAs, not when doing manual trading.

However, you need to first find the cause before you consider it as a possible solution.

Scott Littlefield:
I still have MT4 and having problems with latency and platforming freezing. Not sure if its because of my internet connection, broker or my indicators on the charts. Any suggestions on how to fix it. Will virtual hosting here help? Any suggestions would be appreciated. tks

You already received the right answers in your last thread about the same issue.

I assume you're using one or more badly coded indicators, and the problem becomes worse with every additional chart window.

So, you need to change your setup and evaluate which tool is the reason for this issue.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Check both the Journal log and Experts log for any messages that might provide a clue.

VPS may help only if you are trading with fully automated EAs, not when doing manual trading.

However, you need to first find the cause before you consider it as a possible solution.

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I thought my last post got removed because i mentioned specific indicators. I didn't realize there were responses to that. Let me ask what kind of messages am I looking for in Logs and Experts to suggest problems? I just am not savy with this stuff. Also I have tried building my layout indicator by indicator and then chart by chart. I have not necessarily noticed any particular indicator causing me issues but I do notice lagging issues after applying too many charts to the layout. If this is a computer issue lacking the specs to handle the job because i do use a lot of indicators, would the VPS help me?

Scott Littlefield #:

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I thought my last post got removed because i mentioned specific indicators. I didn't realize there were responses to that. Let me ask what kind of messages am I looking for in Logs and Experts to suggest problems? I just am not savy with this stuff. Also I have tried building my layout indicator by indicator and then chart by chart. I have not necessarily noticed any particular indicator causing me issues but I do notice lagging issues after applying too many charts to the layout. If this is a computer issue lacking the specs to handle the job because i do use a lot of indicators, would the VPS help me?

Ok so if I am not good with mql programming what options do i have to fix my indicators? 

Scott Littlefield #: Let me ask what kind of messages am I looking for in Logs and Experts to suggest problems? 

We have no idea what you have going on your computer. You would have to provide us your logs for us to analyse, but please remember that this is a public forum, so think twice before posting it.

Scott Littlefield #: would the VPS help me

I believe I have already answered that and you even quoted my reply! — "VPS may help only if you are trading with fully automated EAs, not when doing manual trading."

Scott Littlefield #: Ok so if I am not good with mql programming what options do i have to fix my indicators? 

Either improve your own level of coding skill and knowledge, or hire someone qualified, to fix them.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Either improve your own level of coding skill and knowledge, or hire someone qualified, to fix them.

OK but let me ask. Doesnt a VPS utilize an online computer? This is an old computer so that is probably my problem, but if a virtual machine has better specs, wouldn't that help with my latency issues. I am not actually trading on this platform. I just use the charts with my indicators for the signals. The last question is where can i go to find reputable programmers to help me. Tks again

Scott Littlefield #:

OK but let me ask. Doesnt a VPS utilize an online computer? This is an old computer so that is probably my problem, but if a virtual machine has better specs, wouldn't that help with my latency issues. I am not actually trading on this platform. I just use the charts with my indicators for the signals. The last question is where can i go to find reputable programmers to help me. Tks again

You called your topic "technical glitches", but after several posts, there is still 0 useful information provided.

You could get help and even maybe solutions on this forum, if and only if you provided the technical informations requested. You should start by giving better description of your issue with screenshots.

Reason: