EA notification on smartphone

Hi everyone
I'm a beginner

Is possible to get alerts and /or error notification from my EA ony own VPS to my smartphone?

Best Regards 😃
ZeroCafeine

ZeroCafeine: Is possible to get alerts and /or error notification from my EA ony own VPS to my smartphone?

Yes!

SendNotification

Send push notifications to mobile terminals whose MetaQuotes IDs are specified in the Notifications tab

Desktop application:

Notifications - Platform Settings - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help

Mobile apps:

Push Notifications - MetaTrader 5 for iPhone

Push Notifications - MetaTrader 5 for Android

MQL5 Channels app:

MetaQuotes has released a messaging app with financial news and analytical tips for traders - MQ5 Channels is a secure communication platform for traders from all over the world

ZeroCafeine:
Hi everyone
I'm a beginner

Is possible to get alerts and /or error notification from my EA ony own VPS to my smartphone?

Best Regards 😃
ZeroCafeine
Enable Push notifications 

Tks you @Fernando 😊

@Chioma tks you

Is it possible to get notifications if Metatrader lost internet connexion ?

And what happens if the software crashes for various reasons? How can I be notified that the software is not running?

ZeroCafeine #:

Is it possible to get notifications if Metatrader lost internet connexion ?

And what happens if the software crashes for various reasons? How can I be notified that the software is not running?

1. If it is a loss of internet connection, then obviously nothing will communicate, not even notifications.
  2. If MetaTrader application crashes, then obviously, it can't send out push notifications.
For both case, you would have to have in place an external mechanism to detect the possibility and send out a message by a 3rd party messaging system or service (e.g. e-mail, telegram, etc.).

ok ok tks yoyu  @Fernando Carreiro

and yes in case of software crashing (point 2) I have to place an external mechanism do detect and send me notification,

and in case on internet connexion, 
I think I'd also need an external system that sends a notification every 5 minutes to my cell phone, for example, and if my cell phone no longer detects a notification then it alerts me that it has lost the connection.

Do you have any third-party software I can use?

Thanks again for all your answers 🙂
Best Reguards,
ZeroCafeine

ZeroCafeine #: Do you have any third-party software I can use?

No, I use my own mechanisms. I don't use any 3rd party software.

ZeroCafeine #: and in case on internet connexion, I think I'd also need an external system that sends a notification every 5 minutes to my cell phone, for example, and if my cell phone no longer detects a notification then it alerts me that it has lost the connection.

It is called "Heartbeat Monitoring" of a server or service or device.

tks you for the tips, It's my first search but I've only found medical equipment 😅, I'll do more research later,

Are there any best practices for notifications? For example, is it advisable to put notifications everywhere every time the robot does something?

Or is it advisable to put notifications only when there are errors?

Is it also possible to differentiate the types of notifications in the MetaTrader 5 application? Or does the metatrader application on Android interpret them all in the same way, just with a message that you can customise?

ZeroCafeine #: It's my first search but I've only found medical equipment 😅, I'll do more research later

Search for "Heartbeat monitoring of server".

ZeroCafeine #: Are there any best practices for notifications? For example, is it advisable to put notifications everywhere every time the robot does something?

Always read the documentation ... "Strict use restrictions are set for the SendNotification() function: no more than 2 calls per second and not more than 10 calls per minute. Monitoring the frequency of use is dynamic. The function can be disabled in case of the restriction violation."

Besides the above, based from experience, keep notifications to the bare minimum for extremely critical situations. You will soon get tired of receiving notifications on your phone if you send out any more than that.

ZeroCafeine #: Is it also possible to differentiate the types of notifications in the MetaTrader 5 application? Or does the metatrader application on Android interpret them all in the same way, just with a message that you can customise?

They are all handled the same way, so I do the following ...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

No push notifications on MT5 mobile app

Fernando Carreiro, 2023.05.21 15:49

This is my current setup ...

• On MetTrader 4 desktop terminal application, I only have notifications sent to the MT4 mobile app.
  • On MetTrader 5 desktop terminal application, I only have notifications sent to the MT5 mobile app. 
  • On this website's profile settings, I only have the notifications sent to the MQL5 Channels mobile app.

This helps me differentiate between the different services at a quick glance.

tks you  Fernando Carreiro

I'll read the link you gave me in hindsight, 

As far as notifications are concerned, if I get three a day that's already very good for me. For the time being I'll only have one robot, and the aim is just to understand what's going on.

Merci 🙂

Reason: