Text messages

To All,

I was wondering if it is possible to have a text message sent to my phone once an alarm is hit using the MT4 software. If not, is there any free software that I can use to send text messages to my phone.

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Sincerely,
Mike

Rosh,

Thank you for responding, but I am still having a problem with the email function on MT4. I set my smtp up through the tools>options>email tab, but I am getting an error that states the test message has failed.

Also is there anyway I can input my cell phone number somewhere to receive text messages?

I am used to a different trading platform that sends text messages by just inputting a cell number. I guess I have a lot to learn about MT4!

Thank you for your help.

In first, it's needed properly to set up all settings for sending mail from client terminal.

You can send messages to your cell phone if your mobile phone operator provides this opportunity.

Rosh,

Thank you for responding, but I am still having a problem with the email function on MT4. I set my smtp up through the tools>options>email tab, but I am getting an error that states the test message has failed.

Also is there anyway I can input my cell phone number somewhere to receive text messages?

I am used to a different trading platform that sends text messages by just inputting a cell number. I guess I have a lot to learn about MT4!

Thank you for your help.

mkempinaz,
just enter the email address of the phone in the "to" field of the email tab
to determine the phones address simpilly send a sms message from the phone to your email account to learn what the domain is

for example, VZW is (phonenumber)@vtext.com
Reason: