No push notifications on MT5 mobile app - page 2

Eric Emmrich #: Quick update: re-installed the MT5 app but still do not receive any push notifications anymore. As for the MT4 app, I do receive push notifications, but only for notifications sent from my MT5 desktop terminal. I also do not receive push notifications for private messages, product comments etc.

Are you sure that ...

1. You have notifications enabled and properly configured in the iOS Settings
  2. That you have the MQIDs properly set in your profile here on this site?

Fernando Carreiro #:

Are you sure that ...

1. You have notifications enabled and properly configured in the iOS Settings
  2. That you have the MQIDs properly set in your profile here on this site?
Yes and yes. The notifications are received for both of my MQIDs (MT4 and MT5), but I don‘t receive push notifications about new messages anymore - in none of the both apps.

Eric Emmrich #Yes and yes. The notifications are received for both of my MQIDs (MT4 and MT5), but I don‘t receive push notifications about new messages anymore - in none of the both apps.

This is my current setup ...

• On MetTrader 4 desktop terminal application, I only have notifications sent to the MT4 mobile app.
  • On MetTrader 5 desktop terminal application, I only have notifications sent to the MT5 mobile app. 
  • On this website's profile settings, I only have the notifications sent to the MQL5 Channels mobile app.

This helps me differentiate between the different services at a quick glance.

Fernando Carreiro #:

This is my current setup ...

• On MetTrader 4 desktop terminal application, I only have notifications sent to the MT4 mobile app.
  • On MetTrader 5 desktop terminal application, I only have notifications sent to the MT5 mobile app. 
  • On this website's profile settings, I only have the notifications sent to the MQL5 Channels mobile app.

This helps me differentiate between the different services at a quick glance.

I can try the MQL5 Channels app, but something is still not right then: notifications from my MT5 desktop terminal are received by the MT5 mobile app but without any push notification. Only the MT4 mobile app notifies me by push message. 

To follow up on this, I finally managed to restore the push notifications yesterday:

Now push notifications work flawlessly again for my MT4 MetaQuotes IDs.

For my MT5 MetaQuotes IDs, notifications still do not work, despite having the same iOS notifications settings as MT4.
The same behavior can be observed after downloading both MetaTrader apps onto my iPad, so I still believe it must be an issue with the MT5 app and iOS 16.

Messages - MetaTrader 5 for iPhone - MetaTrader 5 iPhone/iPad Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The MetaTrader 5 app for iPhone supports push notifications. Push notifications are short text messages that can be sent to your device from the...

Hi, 

I have the same issue, no push notification on my iphone X, ios 16.5, MT5 build 3753. Everything started last week after I updated MT5 to new version, that was available in appstore.

Went through all the steps as discussed above, unfortunately nothing helped.  

Platon Mileev #:

Hi, 

I have the same issue, no push notification on my iphone X, ios 16.5, MT5 build 3753. Everything started last week after I updated MT5 to new version, that was available in appstore.

Went through all the steps as discussed above, unfortunately nothing helped.  

Same for me, MT5 app push notifications still don't work.

As stated in my previous message, for me the "solution" was to download the MT4 app and sign in with my MQL account there.
The MT4 app gives me the push notifications correctly. You could try that out, too. Maybe it helps.

Eric Emmrich #:

Same for me, MT5 app push notifications still don't work.

As stated in my previous message, for me the "solution" was to download the MT4 app and sign in with my MQL account there.
The MT4 app gives me the push notifications correctly. You could try that out, too. Maybe it helps.

Dear Eric,

have you tried deleting MT5 app from iphone/ipad and reinstalling it?

Platon Mileev #:

Dear Eric,

have you tried deleting MT5 app from iphone/ipad and reinstalling it?

Kind of: I installed both MT5 and MT4 apps on my iPad (where they were not installed before) and observed the same problem. Only the MT4 gives me push notifications correctly.

Eric Emmrich #:

Kind of: I installed both MT5 and MT4 apps on my iPad (where they were not installed before) and observed the same problem. Only the MT4 gives me push notifications correctly.

just installed mt4 on iphone. added second MQID in settings on computer. Push works correctly on MT4. MT5 - nothing.....

Reason: