Specific test agent doesn't stay connected to the cloud - page 2

Emerson Gomes:

Hello all,

I used search on Russian forum and I found the following explanation (I am not sure about it is related to your case or not sorry):

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

does metatester 5 agent manager self-delete during liveupdate?

Renat Fatkhullin , 2022.04.29 23:45

Nothing has changed.

Just don't run more agents than there are cores. Less than 1% of users indulge in this. Previously, there were serious relapses, which we fixed by automatically uninstalling unnecessary agents.

Metatester Agent on Windows Server 2008R2

Renat Fatkhullin , 2012.11.19 13:51

They disappear, as they look as if more agents were knowingly installed on one piece of hardware.

Here you first need to unzip the hardware or software config of the image.

and -

Myql agent manager

Alain Verleyen, 2017.09.18 19:27

Uncheck the "Active last day" on your mql5.com profile "Agents".

Sergey Golubev #:

I used search on Russian forum and I found the following explanation (I am not sure about it is related to your case or not sorry):

Thank you. Unfortunately these seem not be related at all.

We basically have a bug on the Testing Agent that the devs need to look into.

Emerson Gomes #:

Thank you. Unfortunately these seem not be related at all.

We basically have a bug on the Testing Agent that the devs need to look into.

The bug should be proven and it should be replicable (it means: the service desk should replicate this bug).
So, if you are naming this case as a bug so you can technically prove it (otherwise it is not bug at all).
But we do not know all the particularities related to it concerning how the agents are used in it ... or do not use ...

I an not using agents so I can not help more about it sorry.
I can just find some information related to it concerning the similar cases for example.
if some other users reply about how to fix it (if it is possible to fix) so it may be fine.
But as I understand from Russian forum - some agents are disconnected, and it is normal situation in some cases
(the cases concerning hardware, software, the tasks they/agents are receiving, cache and more ...).

Sergey Golubev #:
The bug should be proven and it should be replicable (it means: the service desk should replicate this bug).
So, if you are naming this case as a bug so you can technically prove it (otherwise it is not bug at all).
But we do not know all the particularities related to it concerning how the agents are used in it ... or do not use ...

I an not using agents so I can not help more about it sorry.
I can just find some information related to it concerning the similar cases for example.

I am pretty confident that this a bug - It's reproducible not only by me but also by others in the forum.

What it's not clear is what the right procedure to report it to the development team.

Emerson Gomes #:

I am pretty confident that this a bug - It's reproducible not only by me but also by others in the forum.

What it's not clear is what the right procedure to report it to the development team.

go to "Contact and request" link at the bottom of this page, and after that - post

But I will not help with it because I think it is not bug (or, at least, it may not be technically proven and be reproduced,
or it may be such as "floating bug" which may be very difficult to catch for example).
Anyway - you can try to contact.
Loss access to MQL5 - My friend can't get access to my MQ5 account again
Loss access to MQL5 - My friend can't get access to my MQ5 account again
  • www.mql5.com
Hello good peole, i need help to get access to my mql account with user (gaes7). Can you guys help me how to get access to my account again. No, i use my friend's account to ask in this forum and now i still can't login with my account gaes7

Sergey Golubev #:
go to "Contact and request" link at the bottom of this page, and after that - post

But I will not help with it because I think it is not bug (or, at least, it may not be technically proven and be reproduced,
or it may be such as "floating bug" which may be very difficult to catch for example).
Anyway - you can try to contact.

Thanks, I tried that link earlier but the chatbot topics are not including technical issues. I have sent a request as explained on the second link.

Hi all,

I am updating with the feedback received from the Support Ticket:

Support Team  2023.03.14 11:24  PT

Hello,

We have checked the reports on the forum. Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce and confirm the problem.

Some tasks may be canceled on agents after synchronization, and there might be lots of reasons for that, but it is definitely not related to too powerful processors.

As we can see, you do receive payments for tasks, so do the other users that reported problems.

Best regards,

MQL5.com Support Team

Unfortunately seems that we are reaching a dead-end on this.

Hello all,

After a few more exchanges with the support I have received the following feedback:

Hello,

Thank you for details. We have found and fixed the bug. The service will be updated in a few days, and you'll be able to check.

Best regards,

MQL5.com Support Team

Oh this is good news!  I had written (in a post that was deleted for some reason) that while the bug is 100% reproducible, they would not be able to reproduce it unless they were on a sufficiently fast machine, and that there's only several CPUs fast enough to trigger this issue and they're expensive.  So I'm glad they didn't give up after their initial finding of "unable to reproduce" and proceeded to find the bug.  I just had it manifest again (my PR, which had been hovering in the upper 240s crept up to 251 and it acted up again), and I was just about to post more information: It seems that there are two issues; an instant issue in the MetaTester program itself, and a separate issue on the server.  The one I had posted about was the instant version, where the PR is seen under 250 on my Agents dashboard, but when raising clock speeds, the agents immediately start cancelling all incoming jobs (and they keep coming).  Another user later posted the other version, where the PR updates on the server/dashboard above 250 and jobs stop coming in and you have to somehow get that number down before it will start receiving jobs again—and this can take time/uninstalling after lowering the clock speed; speed changes do not take effect immediately with this version of the issue.

When I saw the comment "As we can see, you do receive payments for tasks, so do the other users that reported problems", my response to that would be, "Well yes; I have reduced the clock speed on my computer below stock to work around the issue; I can raise it back up and all earnings from that PC will immediately cease."  Thank you for your efforts pursuing and pressing the issue, and for the others who were also able to confirm the issue and provide logs.  Speaking of bugs and logs, they just released version 3630, and it writes corrupted log files—random characters here and there, partially repeated lines, on multiple machines—I've never seen such before.  Anyway, I will tentatively wait for the next version and push my clocks higher and report back my findings...

Reason: