VPS

Hello,

I am trying to find out why the VPS does not run without connection. Isn't it suppose to run 24hrs a day even if you turn off your Wi-Fi or close your computer?

kitherw68:

Hello,

I am trying to find out why the VPS does not run without connection. Isn't it suppose to run 24hrs a day even if you turn off your Wi-Fi or close your computer?

Don't have MT5, have MT4

kitherw68: I am trying to find out why the VPS does not run without connection. Isn't it suppose to run 24hrs a day even if you turn off your Wi-Fi or close your computer?

It always has a connection. It does.

kitherw68 #: Don't have MT5, have MT4

Irrelevant for the MetaQuotes VPS.

How to Subscribe to a MT4 Signal (new instructions, after 1065 version upgrade) - General - MQL5 programming forum (2017)

How to migrate Virtual Server - General - MQL5 programming forum (2018)

How exactly do you load up a bot on MQL4 Desktop? It's extremely complicated. - General - MQL5 programming forum (2020)

Well, I don't know what the issue is, but when I turn off my internet and computer it stop trading. As long as I am hooked up to mine and leave my computer on it works fine.

kitherw68 #:

Well, I don't know what the issue is, but when I turn off my internet and computer it stop trading. As long as I am hooked up to mine and leave my computer on it works fine.

Seems, you did not synchronize your MT4 with MQL5 VPS.
So, read post with the procedure about how to subscribe to MQL5 VPS (in case you missed something).

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

VPS not working

Eleni Anna Branou, 2022.08.22 22:42

If you are talking about MQL5 VPS, read on:

When you use MQL5 VPS you do not need to keep your computer on.

You must synchronize properly your EAs and/or indicators in order to work on the virtual server.

Your MQL5 VPS's journal log will begin recording after your first synchronization.

In order to synchronize an Expert Advisor with your MQL5 VPS server, you need to attach your EA on a chart, click the Auto Trading button and then right click on your VPS server >> Synchronize experts, indicators.

After the synchronization you check the VPS (right click) >> Journals, that you are getting the following message: 1 (or whatever) chart, 1 (or whatever) EA, 0 (or whatever) custom indicators, signal disabled.

After the synchronization with your MQL5 VPS you DO NOT keep the Auto Trading button ON.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WARNING: After you finished with the synchronization of the signal subscription to the MQL5 VPS, you don’t need to tick the: Enable realtime signal subscription, option again in your local computer’s MT4/5 platform, because that way you will copy the signal twice and this is extremely dangerous !!!

missing signal trades - How to rent VPs after deposit on MQ5 account?
missing signal trades - How to rent VPs after deposit on MQ5 account?
  • www.mql5.com
How to rent vps after deposit on mql5 account. How to test a virtual platform in 24 hours. So you need to prepare your charts and eas (or signal subscription settings), that you want to migrate to the virtual server

Sergey Golubev #:

Seems, you did not synchronize your MT4 with MQL5 VPS.
So, read post with the procedure about how to subscribe to MQL5 VPS (in case you missed something).

I think it's working now. Will know in the morning. 
Thank you 
Reason: