Can you export

functions in market products

So people can download a tool from the market and if you want to provide access to some functionality to developers you have exported functions ?

Thanks 

Lorentzos Roussos: functions in market products? So people can download a tool from the market and if you want to provide access to some functionality to developers you have exported functions?
Yes, they are called "Libraries"!
MQL5 Market: Libraries
MQL5 Market: Libraries
  • www.mql5.com
A Market of Applications for the MetaTrader 5 and MetaTrader 4

Fernando Carreiro #:
Yes, they are called "Libraries"!

Thanks , what about Experts / Indicators ? 

Lorentzos Roussos #: Thanks , what about Experts / Indicators ? 

Technically I suppose you could combine a Library and Expert/Indicator as they are both ".ex?" files, but the problem may be their file locations when importing as it will search the "Libraries" folder.

I also have no ideia if there would be any clash with the duplicate event handlers. I guess you will have to do some experimentation.

If you require some help testing it out in private, let me know.

EDIT: Remember that Market products are in their own folder structure so you will not be able to move them to other locations.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Technically I suppose you could combine a Library and Expert/Indicator as they are both ".ex?" files, but the problem may be their file locations when importing as it will search the "Libraries" folder.

I also have no ideia if there would be any clash with the duplicate event handlers. I guess you will have to do some experimentation.

If you require some help testing it out in private, let me know.

EDIT: Remember that Market products are in their own folder structure so you will not be able to move them to other locations.

i would have to resource the ex product right ? 

Lorentzos Roussos #: i would have to resource the ex product right ? 

NO! If I understand your original question, you want to sell an EA or Indicator product that will also have exported functions.

You want your prospective customer to be able to use your product as both a standard EA or Indicator but also be able to use it is a Library as well.

So a resource defeats that purpose.

Maybe you can explain in more detail, exactly what you are wanting to achieve.

Fernando Carreiro #:

NO! If I understand your original question, you want to sell an EA or Indicator product that will also have exported functions.

You want your prospective customer to be able to use your product as both a standard EA or Indicator but also be able to use it is a Library as well.

So a resource defeats that purpose.

Maybe you can explain in more detail, exactly what you are wanting to achieve.

okay here goes :

Lets say there is a hypothetical scanner that scans for specific patterns.

But , while the pattern format (parameters) can be public the "identification" process has to remain private . 

The vendor can create a pattern editor , but , until they do he wants to allow custom patterns (i.e. not in the default offering) to be "searched" 

with the identification function.

So the user uses the scanner and a more advanced user could - if possible - call the scan function to test his own version of a pattern.

Lorentzos Roussos #: okay here goes: Lets say there is a hypothetical scanner that scans for specific patterns. But, while the pattern format (parameters) can be public the "identification" process has to remain private. The vendor can create a pattern editor , but , until they do he wants to allow custom patterns (i.e. not in the default offering) to be "searched" with the identification function. So the user uses the scanner and a more advanced user could - if possible - call the scan function to test his own version of a pattern.

That might be difficult to implement, because the exported functions (aka "Library") will be totally independent of the EA/Indicator functionality. There won't be any inter-communication between the two. They will be completely separated instances.

In other words, it will be equivalent to having the EA/Indicator and the Library as two separate products. In fact, it might actually be better to sell them separately if possible.

Bare in mind:

1. For many years now the code could not any more recompiled.
  2. If a someone buys a product he/she can use it only on the one pc from where it was bought.
  3. After the amount of activation were used up it cannot be used any more one has to buy it again.
  4. Nobody can't do anything against Reverse Engineering as soon as it (EA, signal,...) is public. Even signals can be used for that with their history, but
  5. MQ was made attentive that e.g. signals were re-sold and they are aware of that and won't let it happen if they can influence that.

So IMHO here one is pretty save and we don't have to deal with all the security effort that has to be set up and managed ...

Carl Schreiber #:

Bare in mind:

1. For many years now the code could not any more recompiled.
  2. If a someone buys a product he/she can use it only on the one pc from where it was bought.
  3. After the amount of activation were used up it cannot be used any more one has to buy it again.
  4. Nobody can't do anything against Reverse Engineering as soon as it (EA, signal,...) is public. Even signals can be used for that with their history, but
  5. MQ was made attentive that e.g. signals were re-sold and they are aware of that and won't let it happen if they can influence that.

So IMHO here one is pretty save and we don't have to deal with all the security effort that has to be set up and managed ...

My apologies Carl, but I don't understand what your post has to do with the original question.

We are discussing the functionality of exporting functions (aka Libraries), not about security or activations or anything like that.

Fernando Carreiro #:

My apologies Carl, but I don't understand what your post has to do with the original question.

We are discussing the functionality of exporting functions (aka Libraries), not about security or activations or anything like that.

You're right, I wasn't wearing my glasses and I read scammer instead of scanner - sorry
Reason: