using market's indicators in ea

Is it possible in MQL5?

ma_temp=iCustom(NULL, 0, "Market/NameOfTheIndicator.ex5",2,true); 

?

That way few methods could be combined creating betting trading systems. 

angreeee:

Is it possible in MQL5?

ma_temp=iCustom(NULL, 0, "Market/NameOfTheIndicator.ex5",2,true); 

If you have purchased/downloaded the Indicator then I don't see why not.  If you mean directly from the Market then I doubt it very much . . .

RaptorUK:
If you have purchased/downloaded the Indicator then I don't see why not.  If you mean directly from the Market then I doubt it very much . . .

well i guess its not possible. Indicator calls return some very big, strange values :(

once i change it to external stochastics it return normal values. so it is not working.

should it be working? is it an error? should i address service desk with the issue?

angreeee:
should it be working? is it an error? should i address service desk with the issue?
Difficult to say, actually we don't know what you are trying.

angevoyageur:
Difficult to say, actually we don't know what you are trying.

td_temp=iCustom(NULL, td_tf, "Market/traderdreammt5.ex5",2,true);

CopyBuffer(td_temp,0,0,1,ma_buffer);
td=ma_buffer[0];
Alert("td1:", td);

returns:

2014.02.18 11:54:33.000 2009.01.01 00:30:30 Alert: td1:1.797693134862316e+308

identical for stochastic external indicator:

td_temp=iCustom(NULL, td_tf, "Examples/Stochastic.ex5");

CopyBuffer(td_temp,0,0,1,ma_buffer);
td=ma_buffer[0];
 returns:

2014.02.18 11:59:19.078 2009.01.01 00:02:40 Alert: td1:89.55223880596491

trader dream is an external indicator sold via mql5 market. (i have purchased a copy)

It looks like external indicators only work if they are not from the market or i am doing something terribly wrong.

angreeee:

trader dream is an external indicator sold via mql5 market. (i have purchased a copy)

It looks like external indicators only work if they are not from the market or i am doing something terribly wrong.

Please use the SRC button when you post code. Thank you.

Ok, it's clear now. 

This value is EMPTY_VALUE. You don't check the returned value by CopyBuffer(), see documentation.

You are using buffer 0, are you sure there is a value for this buffer at bar 0 ? Check on your chart and Data Window.

angevoyageur:
Please use the SRC button when you post code. Thank you.

Ok, it's clear now. 

This value is EMPTY_VALUE. You don't check the returned value by CopyBuffer(), see documentation.

You are using buffer 0, are you sure there is a value for this buffer at bar 0 ? Check on your chart and Data Window.

it should be around price value

I also have a question is it allowed- to use someone's else indicator in my strategy and sell that strategy (it would be there as an option and it would of course require to purchase the indicator from the author) ?

Files:
gaj.png  58 kb

angreeee:
it should be around price value

From your screenshot it seems there is no value for buffer 0 (Magenta) at current open bar. Try that (bar 1 = last closed bar) and compare with the value of Magenta line.

td_temp=iCustom(NULL, td_tf, "Market/traderdreammt5.ex5",2,true);

CopyBuffer(td_temp,0,1,1,ma_buffer);
td=ma_buffer[0];

angevoyageur:

From your screenshot it seems there is no value for buffer 0 (Magenta) at current open bar. Try that (bar 1 = last closed bar) and compare the value of Magenta line.

oh right! it would take me a week or more to figure that out. I'm almost positive this fill fix the issue.

Ok it does!

I also have a question is it allowed - to use someone's else indicator in my strategy and sell that strategy (it would be there as an option and it would of course require to purchase the indicator from the author) ? 

I want to add possibility for the users to create their own AI using different factors, that user would choose.

angreeee:

oh right! it would take me a week or more to figure that out. I'm almost positive this fill fix the issue.

Ok it does!

I also have a question is it allowed - to use someone's else indicator in my strategy and sell that strategy (it would be there as an option and it would of course require to purchase the indicator from the author) ? 

I want to add possibility for the users to create their own AI using different factors, that user would choose.

To use an pad indicator in your strategy, I don't see what can be the problem. But if you want to sell this strategy as an EA or an indicator, I am not sure. It seems difficult.
Reason: