Can i keep a users input to a script for the next execution?

Is there a way to keep the users inputs for the next execution of a script?
Let's say a script has a parameter called GMT_offset with the default set to 1.
extern int GMT_offset = 1;
The user changes it to 2, but the next time he runs the script the default will be 1 again, even though it's far likelier that he will want to use 2 again. Is there any way to keep his settings so that next time the default is 2?

I know how to store his settings in Global Variables, which could be read next time, but I don't know how to assign this as default values to the input parameters, if this at all is possible.

(please don't reply that GMT_offset can be calculated in MQL4, that was just an example)

Thanks
Gosta

gostahulden:
Is there a way to keep the users inputs for the next execution of a script?
Let's say a script has a parameter called GMT_offset with the default set to 1.
extern int GMT_offset = 1;
The user changes it to 2, but the next time he runs the script the default will be 1 again, even though it's far likelier that he will want to use 2 again. Is there any way to keep his settings so that next time the default is 2?

I know how to store his settings in Global Variables, which could be read next time, but I don't know how to assign this as default values to the input parameters, if this at all is possible.
The only way to change the default value is to change the source and recompile the script (or hack the compiled file...). Storing the last used value in a GV, file or any other method will not change the default value shown in the Properties Window (F7) cause of a well known MT4 'bug' - changes made to extern param values programmatically are not reflected in the Properties Windows.