[Note to developers] — Request for functionality to programmatically return username for MQL5 Community Account.

Currently, MQL5 can report the presence of MQL5 Community Account authorisation and whether it is connected or not. It can even report the current balance of the account wallet.

However, it does not seem possible to know the username for the MQL5 Community Account.

In terms of privacy, there is already a functionality for returning the trading account number and broker, as well as the full user name reported by the broker. So, why not allow access to the username for the MQL5 Community Account as well?

Please add the functionality for this?

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Account Properties - Environment State - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Fernando Carreiro:

Currently, MQL5 can report the presence of MQL5 Community Account authorisation and whether it is connected or not. It can even report the current balance of the account wallet.

However, it does not seem possible to know the username for the MQL5 Community Account.

In terms of privacy, there is already a functionality for returning the trading account number and broker, as well as the full user name reported by the broker. So, why not allow access to the username for the MQL5 Community Account as well?

Please add the functionality for this?

Isn't this dangerous Fernando ? An ea would potentially know username , how much money they have on mql5 , and their real name .

Lorentzos Roussos #: Isn't this dangerous Fernando ? An ea would potentially know username , how much money they have on mql5 , and their real name .

As I sated, all the other information is already accessible. It is only the community username (login) that is missing.

TERMINAL_COMMUNITY_BALANCE

Balance in MQL5.community

double

TERMINAL_COMMUNITY_ACCOUNT

The flag indicates the presence of MQL5.community authorization data in the terminal

bool

TERMINAL_COMMUNITY_CONNECTION

Connection to MQL5.community

bool

ACCOUNT_LOGIN

Account number

long

ACCOUNT_NAME

Client name

string

ACCOUNT_SERVER

Trade server name

string

ACCOUNT_COMPANY

Name of a company that serves the account

string

Lorentzos Roussos #:Isn't this dangerous Fernando ? An ea would potentially know username , how much money they have on mql5 , and their real name .

The main reason I am interested in this is to be able to lock Indicators and EAs to a community account, instead of a trading account (for non Market products).

But I have not been the only one requesting this before:

Fernando Carreiro #:

As I sated, all the other information is already accessible. It is only the community username (login) that is missing.

TERMINAL_COMMUNITY_BALANCE

Balance in MQL5.community

double

TERMINAL_COMMUNITY_ACCOUNT

The flag indicates the presence of MQL5.community authorization data in the terminal

bool

TERMINAL_COMMUNITY_CONNECTION

Connection to MQL5.community

bool

ACCOUNT_LOGIN

Account number

long

ACCOUNT_NAME

Client name

string

ACCOUNT_SERVER

Trade server name

string

ACCOUNT_COMPANY

Name of a company that serves the account

string

You can already get the wallet balance ... i did not know that .Thanks 

So they are worried about an "official" linkout functionality but you can see how much money a user has on their profile (if connected) ... nice .

Fernando Carreiro #:

The main reason I am interested in this is to be able to lock Indicators and EAs to a community account, instead of a trading account (for non Market products).

It would make more sense to have the username and not the wallet . That is true . Sorry for the initial response , it seemed insane having that functionality in there (the wallet balance). 

But i guess that is why they don't have it already (the username).

Would not take long for all those "review awarded freebies" to require community being logged in and sniff out how much money their clients have on here , for "verification of purchase" of course.

Within this context they are right i guess. 

Lorentzos Roussos #: It would make more sense to have the username and not the wallet . That is true . Sorry for the initial response , it seemed insane having that functionality in there. But i guess that is why they don't have it already (the username). Would not take long for all those "review awarded freebies" to require community being logged in and sniff out how much money their clients have on here , for "verification of purchase of course". Within this context they are right i guess. 

In order to "sniff", that would require that the WebRequest be authorised to call back to a web-server. And as it stands now, if that were enabled by a user, then all the other information is already accessible, including whether they bought or subscribed to a product.

MQL_LICENSE_TYPE

Type of license of the EX5 module. The license refers to the EX5 module, from which a request is made using MQLInfoInteger(MQL_LICENSE_TYPE).

LICENSE_FREE

A free unlimited version

LICENSE_DEMO

A trial version of a paid product from the Market. It works only in the strategy tester

LICENSE_FULL

A purchased licensed version allows at least 5 activations. The number of activations is specified by seller. Seller may increase the allowed number of activations

LICENSE_TIME

A version with a limited term license

So, I don't think that is the reason for the missing community username functionality.

Fernando Carreiro #:

In order to "sniff", that would require that the WebRequest be authorised to call back to a web-server. And as it stands now, if that were enabled by a user, then all the other information is already accessible, including whether they bought or subscribed to a product.

MQL_LICENSE_TYPE

Type of license of the EX5 module. The license refers to the EX5 module, from which a request is made using MQLInfoInteger(MQL_LICENSE_TYPE).

LICENSE_FREE

A free unlimited version

LICENSE_DEMO

A trial version of a paid product from the Market. It works only in the strategy tester

LICENSE_FULL

A purchased licensed version allows at least 5 activations. The number of activations is specified by seller. Seller may increase the allowed number of activations

LICENSE_TIME

A version with a limited term license

So, I don't think that is the reason for the missing community username functionality.

A freebie (not a market freebie) does not need the web request .Pair that with mt5 not allowing an application to run if you don't enable DLLs and a lot could happen .  

Comments that do not relate to this topic, have been moved to "Off Topic Posts".
Reason: