MQL5 Error Help - page 2

W00t:
If i buy a pc with windows 10 64 bit should mt4  it work fine? 
I have PC with Windows 10 64-bit, and it is fine for me: I upgraded Internet Explorer to 11 version (because MT4 is using Internet Explorer the latest version), and I made a login to Community tab of MT4 with not a problem at all.

Sergey Golubev:
I have PC with Windows 10 64-bit, and it is fine for me: I upgraded Internet Explorer to 11 version (because MT4 is using Internet Explorer the latest version), and I made a login to Community tab of MT4 with not a problem at all.

ok i think i might have got the problem with MAC and mt4.. if you or anyone can help will be great

so on Log journal  this is what i get when i open MT4, :

2019.11.12 20:36:42.865 Microsoft Windows XP x86, IE 9, *******

it is possible to updated that to new IE? also if is windows XP x86, could that affect? and how can i change that on MAC settings or carpet?

i will try to get .exe of IE newest and see if that works on a test mt4 carpet

any help is welcome :)

Microsoft Windows XP is not supported anymore.

It was the announcement long time ago r elated to MT4/MT5 with Windows XP: read this page and the following posts - 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

New MetaTrader 5 Platform Build 1755

MetaQuotes Software Corp., 2018.01.18 11:08

We recommend anyone who has long been using 32-bit Wine for MetaTrader 5 due to the past incompatibility with the 64-bit terminal to upgrade Wine to the latest 64-bit version and re-install MetaTrader 5 in 64 bits.

Besides, make sure to set the Wine compatibility mode to at least Windows 7 instead of the default Windows XP. No more updates for Windows XP/2003/Vista will be released.

We are also halting the development of the 32-bit versions of the MetaTrader 5 terminals. The updates for 32-bit MetaTrader 5 are to be completely stopped soon.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Error when installing Metatrader 4 or 5 in Mac HELP PLEASE!

Marco vd Heijden, 2018.03.24 08:39

Your wine is still in windows XP mode.

You need to go into settings and set it to windows 7 or higher.

How to Start with MT5, a summary !
How to Start with MT5, a summary !
  • www.mql5.com
How to start with MT5 platform : summary...
Reason: