Error when installing Metatrader 4 or 5 in Mac HELP PLEASE!

To add comments, please log in or register
Juan Casian
Juan Casian  

Hello, 

I have just recently bought a MacBook Pro, and I was going over the installation process for the metatrader terminal, but when I run the setup.exe this error message appears:

Has anyone had this problem before? How did you solve it?

Thank you!

Icham Aidibe
Icham Aidibe  
Juan Casian:

Hello, 

I have just recently bought a MacBook Pro, and I was going over the installation process for the metatrader terminal, but when I run the setup.exe this error message appears:

Has anyone had this problem before? How did you solve it?

Thank you!

Update wine & environment.

Juan Casian
Juan Casian  
Icham Aidibe:

Update wine & environment.

I already have the most updated wine package but it does not work. Have you managed to do it?
Icham Aidibe
Icham Aidibe  
Juan Casian:
I already have the most updated wine package but it does not work. Have you managed to do it?

Do you have service pack 1 for windows 7 in your wine ? 

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  

Just found some information related - 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

New MetaTrader 5 Platform Build 1755

MetaQuotes Software Corp., 2018.01.18 11:08

We recommend anyone who has long been using 32-bit Wine for MetaTrader 5 due to the past incompatibility with the 64-bit terminal to upgrade Wine to the latest 64-bit version and re-install MetaTrader 5 in 64 bits.

Besides, make sure to set the Wine compatibility mode to at least Windows 7 instead of the default Windows XP. No more updates for Windows XP/2003/Vista will be released.

We are also halting the development of the 32-bit versions of the MetaTrader 5 terminals. The updates for 32-bit MetaTrader 5 are to be completely stopped soon.

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How to Start with Metatrader 5

Sergey Golubev, 2016.06.23 12:19

Good article for someone with Mac :

MetaTrader 4 on Mac OS

• "Apple products have become very popular. MetaQuotes Software Corp. attentively follows the progress of the IT industry and has already released the special mobile applications for iOS-based devices - MetaTrader 4 for iPhone and MetaTrader 5 for iPhone."
  • "There are many topics on the MQL4.community forum, where people are seeking a solution for running MetaTrader 4 under the Mac OS operating system. In this article, you will find out how to work in MetaTrader 4 via the Apple's popular operating system."

Marco vd Heijden
Marco vd Heijden  

Your wine is still in windows XP mode.

You need to go into settings and set it to windows 7 or higher.

Juan Casian
Juan Casian  
Thank you Everyone!!!
To add comments, please log in or register