What techniques and methods can be used in multiframe indicators to prevent getting a pretty picture due to peeking into the future on higher TFs ? - page 9

Ihor Herasko #:

"It doesn't work." This is not about the TF, because in theory everything is great there. But in practice it is not so bright. For example, we need to plot the MA from D1 on M1. Theoretically, we take 1440 candles of M1 and use them for the calculation. ButM1 bars in D1 are not always 1440 in practice.Ok, if it is 1434, as shown in the picture, it may be 1200.

"Not so rosy" ≠ "does not work". It works, just not perfectly. For example, can we calculate the average % loss on a particular instrument and timeframe? Yes, we can. Then we can recalculate it corrected for losses or we can even neglect them. The absence of fifteen-minute candlesticks, and even more so one-hour candlesticks, is a great rarity.

And in your example there is an excessive increase of resolution, there is no real need in such accuracy.

vladavd #:

"Not so rosy" ≠ "doesn't work". It works, just not perfectly.

Here the following analogy comes to mind: we were driving 200 km along the highway more or less, and at the 201st km we encountered an unfilled pothole. Perhaps some people are happy with such "non-ideal", but, in my opinion, such an approach is unacceptable.

For example, can we calculate the average % loss on a particular instrument and timeframe? Yes, we can.

This calculation will be equivalent to assembling candlesticks correctly, by time. Therefore, it's better to do everything correctly at once. And there is no need to operate with errors. There will be 100% accuracy. It's not that difficult.

This means we can recalculate the calculations with allowance for losses or even ignore them. The absence of fifteen-minute candlesticks, let alone one-hour candlesticks, is a great rarity.

I've already written about the pit above. They occur at the most inopportune moment.

And in your example the resolution is highly excessive; there is no real need for such precision.

Exactly no. Very often I see MAs with periods of 1440 being drawn on the minutes.

Reason: