A topic for traders. - page 139

transcendreamer #:

Is it still a question of describing two? 😊

Clearly from a purely visual-intuitive point of view it is clear that two lines give more information than one.

But I suggest to think, does this information really have a prognostic value?

Can we not flounder?

Valeriy Yastremskiy #:
Always amazed at the complexity of describing/interpreting concepts that are not inherently complicated)

Well such is the tradition in mathematics - to humiliate outsiders from the threshold if one does not have the terms or some input knowledge, I am not trying to insult anyone now, it has also surprised me that cults of adepts since ancient times have gravitated towards closedness, and back in the Platonic Academy they said - "No geometer let not enter!" (Ἀγεωμέτρητος μηδεὶς εἰσίτω).

transcendreamer #:

Is it still a question of describing two? 😊

Clearly from a purely visual-intuitive point of view it is clear that two lines give more information than one.

But I suggest to think, does this information really have prognostic value?

It's not about the number of lines, it's about the quality of the lines.

transcendreamer #:

Well such is the tradition in mathematics - to humiliate outsiders from the threshold if one does not have the terms or some input knowledge, I am not trying to insult anyone now, it has also surprised me that cults of adepts since ancient times have gravitated towards closedness, and back in the Platonic Academy they said - "No geometer let not enter!" (Ἀγεωμέτρητος μηδεὶς εἰσίτω).

Your posts are about to be deleted for flooding

Evgeniy Chumakov #:

It's not about the number of lines, it's about the quality of the lines.

Correlation does not work!

transcendreamer #:

Hmm, the picture doesn't show that...

I assume it's about pre-selection of assets...

Because the "run-up and convergence" trading set-up itself always clearly corresponds to the "deviation and return" events on the general chart.

That's why I wrote that two lines are sort of unnecessary.

I will say the last phrase:

When you give a person a rod, you just give it to them and tell them how to cast.

Then you watch, if the man does it with excitement, you start telling him what to put on the hook. Then you watch again.

If the excitement doesn't stop, you tell him where to cast to catch the fish. You watch again.

Then you start telling me how to haul it so you don't break the rod.

You're not going to give him a fishing rod and then spend half a day telling him all the details. You're making a big speech, but the man might not be interested in fishing at all, and he asked about the rod for the sake of curiosity.

---

It's the same here, no one was interested, everything is superficial and just for the sake of curiosity. The man does not even understand the simplest things that I am writing about, he keeps talking about some euro/dollar.

I am leaving the topic for now, there is no one to talk to.

transcendreamer #:

Reverse.) Closedness and mystery are not demeaning)

osmo1709 #:
To find out how far apart pairs can be at a correlation of 0.8, just multiply 0.2 by 1.3000 for EURUSD and GBPUSD, i.e. EURUSD and GBPUSD can be 0.2*1.3000 = 0.2600, i.e. 2.600 pips and that at a correlation of 0.8

No, usually correlation is defined as the ratio of covariance to the root of the product of variance, and you've made up your own fantasy here. 😏

However, there is not only Pearson correlation, there is also Spearman correlation, Fechner correlation and others.

This raises a question: do you think they all "don't work" or only some particular kinds of correlations 🙂 🙂

transcendreamer #:

Hmm, the picture doesn't show that...

I assume it's about pre-selection of assets...

Because the "run-up and convergence" trading set-up itself always clearly corresponds to the "deviation and return" events on the general chart.

That's why I wrote that two lines are not needed.

Of course there is a selection of suitable assets. You can't get away with correlation alone)

osmo1709 #:
Can we not flub?

It's funny that I asked a very specific question, then the slapstick starts...

Reason: