How to make objects drawn by XY change smoothly (MT4 vs MT5) - page 6

Nikolai Semko:
It is an error in the code. Canvas has nothing to do with it.

I'll try to write the prototype again. But it's hard to know where the error is, especially when it's working fine on a loaded graphic.

Vitaliy Kuznetsov:

Trying to conquer the world)

In fact, I want to transfer a couple of products to MT5. They are so specific that it won't work without XY.

To speed up a tester? It's not a long time yet, I will be poking buttons and trying different manipulations.

So tell me, what do you do, why do you need to link to pixels via price or to price via pixels?

Nikolai Semko:

Yes, Alexey says it correctly.
It's kanvas specifics in the tester.
It was discussed here:
https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/364640/page12#comment_21303258

So there you go... SPECIFIC... Here we go, dry your oars.

Vitaliy Kuznetsov:
Nikolai Semko

Nikolai, I have a question about kanvas. I also have one trading panel on MT4.

I'm thinking of rewriting graphics to look nice on MT5 at different screen resolutions. The only problem is that almost all graphics are in bmp.

Is it realistic to monitor the font size and make a "rubber design" of the panel changing the size of bmp files? Or is it easier to make two versions of bmp graphics - "normal" and 4k?

And how would it affect the profitability of the trading system? Or at least on the ease of its testing in the tester, in order to quickly determine whether it is useful or not?

Dmitry Fedoseev:

And how would that affect the profitability of the trading system? Or at least the ease of testing it in the tester, so that you can decide whether it is useful or not?

Rather, it is in the making of the indicator. Who uses what. I have a very non-standard one and it is very necessary (if about rubber).

spiderman8811:
Rather, in the making of the indicator. Who uses what. I have it very non-standard and it was very much required (if about rubber).

So I'm wondering what exactly it was required for and how it relates to the effectiveness of the research and application of the trading system. What is the advantage compared to using the standard functionality?

Dmitry Fedoseev:

So I'm wondering what exactly it was required for and how it relates to the effectiveness of the research and application of the trading system. What is the advantage compared to using the standard functionality?

I trade exclusively with my hands. Limited rubber is the main disadvantage and binding to basic forms and terminal functionality is a bold disadvantage. So it's either that or go around the software.

spiderman8811:
I trade exclusively by hand. Limited rubber is a major disadvantage and being tied to basic forms and terminal functionality is a fat disadvantage. So it's either that or go around the software.

And how is this - bypassing the software? From a tray in a bazaar or what?

Dmitry Fedoseev:

And how is this - bypassing the software? From a tray in a bazaar or something?

Third-party software.
I'm not a programmer.
I've sold iron before, I know the drill.)

spiderman8811:
Third-party software.
I'm not a programmer at all.

What kind of third-party is it? A universal technical analysis program? But you have to code there too, and its capabilities are much lower than those of Metatrader.

Or does this mean a standard development environment in some language? It's a scary thing to practically write a terminal for your own use from scratch.

It is worth becoming a bit of a programmer to understand the subject and the terminal features and not to have wrong desires.

Reason: