How is the viability of a trade idea determined? - page 8

Serqey Nikitin:

That's what I'm saying... We open a position - 0 confidence in the correct opening..., we're bombarding the trade with orders from all sides, and we sit and wait: will it go BACK or will it flop?...

And this is called a Proudly - TRADER!!!

We're talking about the initial evaluation of a trading idea. You can be 100% sure that the opening is correct. You will not be rewarded if you are very confident, but for a good entry, the right direction and a good exit.

If we test an idea, it is clear that at first we are not sure about it, because there is no reason for that. If we get good results, then we can gain confidence and work on it further.

SanAlex:

It is up to your honesty! But still, a short period will give a more accurate picture, and there will be more profit to be made.

Let the expert work for a day or two or a week and then start again.

I understand you ... you are interested ...

Why do I have to go through all this trouble? Pulling up archives from five years ago, changing my plans... ...to go to the trouble of "liquid applause"?

I've had everything in order, logical and clear... And your "wants" are only a distraction...

Oleg Remizov:

We are talking about the initial evaluation of a trading idea. You can be 100% sure of a correct opening. You will not be rewarded if you are very confident, but for a good entry, the right direction and a good exit.

I told you right away, the main indicator of a good idea is number of profitable deals (75% or more), the higher the %, the better the quality of IDEA ...

Serqey Nikitin:

I understand you..., you're interested...

Why do I have to go through all this trouble... pulling up archives from five years ago, changing my plans... ...to go to the trouble of "liquid applause"?

I've had everything in order, logical and clear for a long time. Your "wants" are only a distraction.

Yes! You're right! - It's just that there's nothing to talk about. After all, we're all looking for something we don't even know.

SanAlex:

Yes! You're right! - It's just that then the topic is nothing. After all, we're all looking for something we don't even know.

It's not my topic..., just answering questions..., and probably got into this internecine thing for nothing...

Serqey Nikitin:
Not my topic..., just answering questions..., and probably shouldn't have got into this huddle...

Yeah, me too! I think I'm in the wrong place.

Serqey Nikitin:

I told you from the start, the main indicator of a good idea is the number of profitable deals (75% or more), the higher the %, the higher the quality of the IDEA...

Don't be so confident. You can have 99% of profitable trades, and one losing trade, which will wipe out all the profits.

Especially since you have a "break-even" trade.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Don't sound so confident. You can have 99% profitable trades, and one losing trade that wipes out all profits.

Don't be ridiculous...

One losing trade will not affect the total profit in any way, even if it is a force majeure...

A competent trader always has several options for closing a position, including the occurrence of force majeure...

Serqey Nikitin:

Don't be ridiculous...

One losing trade will have no effect on the overall profit, even if it is force majeure...

A competent trader always has several options for closing a position, including the occurrence of force majeure...

The strategy is break-even, so there is no other plan than to wait for profit!

You're getting a little skittish now that you've been pointed out.

It is relatively easy to determine the viability of a trading idea in 2 steps:

1. it does not work on an entirely arbitrary chart. That is, it depends on specific instruments, timeframes and the current momentum.
Transferring it to another instrument (or set of instruments) is extremely difficult and close to a fiasco.
Adapting to other timeframes (the favourite one here is the smaller frame, trading more often) is impossible at all.
On a distant history, a fresh idea is unworkable and the robot will "drain" on it

2. If everything is OK with p1, the idea should be published here. By the composition of the haters and interested parties, you can clearly see if the game is worth it :-)

Reason: