SL to be or not to be - page 3

Anatolii Zainchkovskii:
And how many deposits have you had without moaning?

Stops were invented by cowards.

And the deposit will come in handy, we'll earn money and fill up another one.

Anatolii Zainchkovskii:
Greetings all. It's no secret that many traders are not particularly keen to apply stop losses.
For a long time I have not been able to understand how and where to place the stoploss. Somewhere it is written to apply it in relation to depo drawdown, somewhere it is written to put it under/over the minimum/maximum.
But nowhere have I seen a clear mathematical explanation on the fingers.
I myself did not want to accept stoplosses, because I thought I was the smartest and always right. But you know what the market does with them.
So now I trade with stoplosses without interference. I am a little bit aware that I may not always be right.
I have created this topic in the hope to still get some knowledge about the distance of stop loss, and in general it is interesting who and how is dealing with it.

I like FOREX, no blat, no corporate wars and fights for holidays in the summer, only you with your deposit and a terminal with charts, that's it! (here I suggest that you do not take into account binary options, combined with sports betting)

What about sabotage, to put a stop-loss or not to put - everyone decides for himself, it all depends on the individual and his trading system, which he himself has come to through one known way, so it will not be a single answer here, there may be interesting opinions, but always worth keeping in mind the questions: "what and how long did the author smoke before arriving at this?" and "is it suitable for me?"

Georgiy Merts:

Stops were invented by cowards.

And the deposit will come in handy, we'll earn money and fill up another one.

Yeah, well, you've already made a lot.

When trading on a semi-automatic machine I usually use a locking order instead of a stop. Then, as far as possible, I will eliminate the lock that has occurred. As the price goes up and down, in most cases it is enough to make each order close without losing and, with time, both orders will be closed without interference with a small profit. If the price moves too far away from the orders during a long trend and the possibility to return to them is delayed for an indefinite period, I enter the third order with a larger lot at a favorable moment by the trend and close all three orders when a small total profit is achieved.

Vladimir Baskakov:
Yeah, well, you've made a lot of money already.

It's not about making money, it's about feet... They were invented by cowards.

Georgiy Merts:

It's not about making money, it's about feet... They were invented by cowards.

How would you know, you're not trading, you're living on your pension.

Aliaksandr Hryshyn:
Hard traders do not use stops, they are for pussies. You put a position, go about your business, come back and take your profit.

Nettleton by Paukas

Closing his profit, the samurai Fakimodo said:

He who does not place stops is brave, but foolish beyond all limits.

The one who puts them is also a fool, but a coward. :))))

Anatolii Zainchkovskii:
Greetings all. It's no secret that many traders are not particularly keen on using stop losses.
For a long time I have not been able to understand how and where to place the stoploss. Somewhere it is written to apply it in relation to depo drawdown, somewhere it is written to put it under/over the minimum/maximum.
But nowhere have I seen a clear mathematical explanation on my fingers...

The question is wrong. Where and how to place the stop loss is absolutely not important! The market expectation is more important, i.e. if the profit is twice as big as the stop loss, then the deposit will withstand

(This is an example. The actual difference should be larger). So stop loss depends directly on the method of entering the market. If the pattern you enter the market is unreliable and

If the pattern you entered the market is unreliable and brings more losses than profits(according to your planned risk percentage), you need to change the method.

I understand. That's not the answer... But this: --"But nowhere have I seen a coherent mathematical explanation on the fingers..." ...it got to me. Open any crummy textbook on stock trading. In the first few pages,

there's usually a mathematical explanation, and it's on your fingers, of how to calculate the math!

The stop should be placed where your scenario or (pattern) that opened the position breaks. For example, trade a trend upwards, open a position (suddenly) BAY. The stop should be placed where the up trend ends.

Wizard2018:
The stop should be placed where your scenario or (pattern) that opened the position breaks. For example, trade a trend upwards, open a position (suddenly) BAY. Stop is placed where the up trend will end.
How do we determine this? What and where should happen for it to be a signal that the trend is over.
Reason: