The great loss mechanism - page 4

Реter Konow:
Emotional self-control of the mice before entering the mousetrap is of course important. This is where yoga and meditative techniques come in handy. Clever mice systematically strengthen spirit, body and mind, and when the mousetrap is triggered, they show amazing strength and resilience, taking its blow as a life lesson.
The irony is that the mice do prolong their lives by working on themselves, because they delay the trip to get the cheese, but pathologically refuse to accept the inevitability of the mousetrap being triggered, with the consequence that it always supplies the cats with tinned food.

Efficient and simple thing, that mousetrap.)

Sorry, I can't get out of the allegory.

Ridiculous, you should be writing notes in some kind of Zen.

Going for cheese to the mousetrap, in this context, is the last action, but do not deny that before that you managed to eat regularly from the table of bipeds, which means the task of recognising the mousetrap is quite realistic.

Stanislav Aksenov:

So maybe there is no emotional cost? They're just made up as excuses, maybe the whole problem is that there is no systemic profit?

Justification is an emotional response to support a wrong action.

How can you tell if there is a systemic profit or not? Or maybe the system just breaks down then? Brain logic is hard to describe in code, here's using MO, but so far I haven't been able to tell the machine everything I know about the market I see on the chart.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Hello!

Thank you for your vision of the solution to the problem.

However these figures are very optimistic, such results can only be obtained using trend strategies, and at best they are profitable in 40% of cases. Although I use trend-following strategies I also trade overbought/oversold and in general I have about 70% profitable trades.

I also notice that after a series of losing trades my brain wants to compensate and does not lock a profitable trade where I would normally do so.

I do not. Trend-following strategies, a great representative of them is Marat Gazizov, do you know him? He trades on the trend, defined by tops and troughs, in pullbacks (when they break), and this TS has a big stop size, and as a consequence - very rarely there are trades with risk/profit 1 to 3 ... Which in turn forces him to use martin (inflated lot). IMHO, trade from levels inside the day gives a deal with a short stop, and as consequence, the ability to catch a long move, although from my own words, even inside the day is not very often get to catch 1 to 3, mostly 1 to 1. And what trend TS do you mean?

Sergey Lazarenko:

I'm not sure, trend-following strategies, Marat Gazizov is a great representative, are you familiar with him? He trades by trend, defined by tops and troughs, in pullbacks (when they break), and this TS has a big stop size, and as a consequence - very rarely there are trades with risk/profit 1 to 3... Which in turn, forces him to use martin (inflated lot). IMHO, trade from levels inside the day gives a deal with a short stop, and as consequence, the ability to catch a long move, although from my own words, even inside the day is not very often get to catch 1 to 3, mostly 1 to 1. What trend TS do you mean?

I am trading Doncianna channel if you mean trend strategy. Not familiar with Marat Gazizov.

I am quite familiar with large account losses due to emotion-based violations of previously worked out and established rules of trading logic.

My personal conclusions: a) you need to use directed approaches to reduce overall emotionality, c) use mantras in the morning to "remind" yourself of the consequences of deviations, c) conduct detailed business processes to make decisions about opening/reviewing/closing trades, e) automate setting SL/TP/TS+ and refrain from rearranging them.

I am ready to discuss in more detail in private communication.

WinApi on the guardian of the deposit. Article with code on how to hide trading buttons after a drawdown from naughty pens.

https://fortrader.org/learn/mql/winapi-na-strazhe-depozita.html

WinApi на страже депозита
WinApi на страже депозита
  • fortrader.org
Часто во время торговли трейдер (особенно начинающий) не может надлежащим образом контролировать свои действия, что приводит к плачевным результатам. Чтобы избежать подобных ситуаций, спекулянты используют различные правила управления капиталом. Однако даже чёткий план по рискам, числу одновременно открытых сделок, величине допустимого убытка и...

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Justification is an emotional reaction aimed at supporting an erroneous action.

How can you tell if the system is profitable or not? Or maybe the system just breaks down then? Brain logic is hard to describe in code, here's using MO, but so far I haven't been able to tell the machine everything I know about the market I see on the chart.

Emotional reactions can affect perception of patterns, entry/exit conditions...

Sergey Lebedev:

I am quite familiar with large account losses due to emotion-based violations of previously worked out and established rules of trading logic.

My personal conclusions: a) you need to use directed approaches to reduce overall emotionality, c) use mantras in the morning to "remind" yourself of the consequences of deviations, c) conduct detailed business processes to make decisions about opening/reviewing/closing trades, e) automate setting SL/TP/TS+ and refrain from rearranging them.

I am ready to discuss in more detail in private communication.

Let's discuss here - it could be useful to all.

Of course, these are all "how-to" platitudes, but we need an action mechanism to get out of the running loss mechanism, to counteract it with certain actions. Here I think that such an action might be the obligation imposed on oneself to make a record once an hour of current open positions with an indication of the purpose and reason for holding them. Many gurus talk about a transaction diary, but the record there is suggested to be made at the time of opening and closing, with no intermediate control. There is a "but" when trading within days, when in a day there may be several dozens of deals, there is no time left for the diary, i.e. normally it is not needed, and it is not systematic to apply it as necessary.

Aleksei Stepanenko:

WinApi on the guardian of the deposit. Article with code on how to hide trading buttons after a drawdown from naughty pens.

https://fortrader.org/learn/mql/winapi-na-strazhe-depozita.html

This is all good, but I went through all this, I have an Expert Advisor, which is responsible for risk control, but the devil I disable it, and when I work with it, my balance hangs near zero. Such an EA that limits the trader should be in an unreachable place, or hard to reach, then it makes sense.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Let's discuss it here - it might be useful for everyone.

Of course, these are all "how to" platitudes, but there needs to be an action mechanism to get out of the loss mechanism and counter it with certain actions. Here I think that such an action might be the obligation imposed on oneself to make a record once an hour of current open positions with an indication of the purpose and reason for holding them. Many gurus talk about a transaction diary, but the record there is suggested to be made at the time of opening and closing, with no intermediate control. There is a "but" when trading within days, when during a day there may be dozens of deals there is no time for a diary, i.e. normally it is not necessary, and it is not systematic to apply it when needed.

Cognac?

Did you get it?

Reason: