What I change my product from free to payable?

Hello every one.
I am struggling to introduce my products to more people. I want to make if free. 
The question is, if a free product changes to payable product later, all its stars and comments and product positions in the market deleted or remain the same? (I didn't find the answer in the Rules page)

Fatemeh Ameri: Hello every one. I am struggling to introduce my products to more people. I want to make if free. 
The question is, if a free product changes to payable product later, all its stars and comments and product positions in the market deleted or remain the same? (I didn't find the answer in the Rules page)

Almost everything stays the same (comments, stars, reviews, etc.), except that the ranking changes.

Also see the following thread:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Do downloads during “free” phase of a market product have to be (re)purchased during a “paid” phase?

Eleni Anna Branou, 2022.01.30 18:25

Once a product becomes paid Fernando, all the previous (free) owners can continue to use it, but they can do so as long as they have enough activations.

For your second question, I guess that the owner will continue to use it on the computers its already installed, but will need to comply with the remaining activations if any new installation is required.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Almost everything stays the same (comments, stars, reviews, etc.), except that the ranking changes.

Thank you very much, You are always helpful.

Fatemeh Ameri #: Thank you very much, You are always helpful.

You are welcome!

Fernando Carreiro #:

It's not the case now.

I don't know wether it is ok to post a conversation with the service desk, but I recently did a change mentioned above and it lost the reviews. The service desk said, that this is correct behaviour, reviews that have been made in the free period of the product, do not count when changing to paid. They are still shown when somebody visits the Product but when you find it on the mql5 Market there are 0 stars displayed, as if nobody had reviewed it.

Peter Mueller #:

It's not the case now.

I don't know wether it is ok to post a conversation with the service desk, but I recently did a change mentioned above and it lost the reviews. The service desk said, that this is correct behaviour, reviews that have been made in the free period of the product, do not count when changing to paid. They are still shown when somebody visits the Product but when you find it on the mql5 Market there are 0 stars displayed, as if nobody had reviewed it.

But that is the proper route right ?

Lorentzos Roussos #:

But that is the proper route right ?

I certainly understand why MQL does this, and I'd do the same in their position, becouse people can easily generate fake reviews this way. However in some cases, you'd like to get feedback/ reviews of one of your product becouse you can't introduce it to the market, and you get 1000+ downloads and the only thing you "get in return" are 3 genuine reviews, change your product to payable and these disappear, it seems a bit unfair. But yes it is the proper route, I just wanted to clarify things, so that other sellers are prepared for this.

Peter Mueller #:

I certainly understand why MQL does this, and I'd do the same in their position, becouse people can easily generate fake reviews this way. However in some cases, you'd like to get feedback/ reviews of one of your product becouse you can't introduce it to the market, and you get 1000+ downloads and the only thing you "get in return" are 3 genuine reviews, change your product to payable and these disappear, it seems a bit unfair. But yes it is the proper route, I just wanted to clarify things, so that other sellers are prepared for this.

Yeah but you can read the feedback and improve your product . 

You can do this that nobody else does . Record the "update from feedback" process .

This way you show the "feedback" and that you care.

They are more likely to post a review if it's negative , so the "only thing you get" is appearing high in the freebie section . Some sales traffic comes from there .

But the users are not looking for buddies . They deposit money in mql5 and go browsing on the market with one thought in mind "i want to make money" , or "i'm looking for this specific utility" 

Reason: