Do downloads during “free” phase of a market product have to be (re)purchased during a “paid” phase?

If a free market product later becomes a paid one, do the users who gained it during the “free” phase have to purchase it later, or do they benefit by continuing to use it and receive updates at no extra cost?

I hope it is in fact the case and that those users don’t have to purchase it later when it becomes a paid product.

Also, how does it affect the activation count, given that “free” products don’t have an activation count?

Let’s say a user installed it on 20 computers when it was free and then later it became a paid product with only 5 activations. Will the user continue to benefit from the 20 installations and still have 5 activations left, or will it reset to zero activations left?

Fernando Carreiro:

If a free market product later becomes a paid one, do the users who gained it during the “free” phase have to purchase it later, or do they benefit by continuing to use it and receive updates at no extra cost?

I hope it is in fact the case and that those users don’t have to purchase it later when it becomes a paid product.

Also, how does it affect the activation count, given that “free” products don’t have an activation count?

Let’s say a user installed it on 20 computers when it was free and then later it became a paid product with only 5 activations. Will the user continue to benefit from the 20 installations and still have 5 activations left, or will it reset to zero activations left?

Once a product becomes paid Fernando, all the previous (free) owners can continue to use it, but they can do so as long as they have enough activations.

For your second question, I guess that the owner will continue to use it on the computers its already installed, but will need to comply with the remaining activations if any new installation is required.

Eleni Anna Branou #: Once a product becomes paid Fernando, all the previous (free) owners can continue to use it, but they can do so as long as they have enough activations.For your second question, I guess that the owner will continue to use it on the computers its already installed, but will need to comply with the remaining activations if any new installation is required.

Thank you Eleni for clearing that up!

I changed my product from free to paid , i lost the product starts review , so be aware.

Wissam Hussein #:
I changed my product from free to paid , i lost the product starts review , so be aware.

This is normal, all reviews until now they were taken into account the fact that your product was free.

Now it will compete with paid products.

Reason: