Hiding and re uploading products to market

Hi all, please let me know if I'm allowed to ask this or if I'm in the right section but can someone answer my question.

So ive published a product (EA) with the wrong name to what I wanted, now I cant change it as its been published.

Am I able to hide the product from market (as you cant delete) and re upload the same file with the right name.

I know the spam rules and mql5 rules in general are quite extensive and don't want to do anything I shouldn't.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you can hide the incorrect one and create a new one with the correct name, as long as you don't re-enable the old one.

However, if you have already made a sale on the incorrect one, then it will be a disservice to that customer if they don't receive future updates and corrections after you hide it.

How will you handle that situation?

Fernando Carreiro #:

Yes, you can hide the incorrect one and create a new one with the correct name, as long as you don't re-enable the old one.

However, if you have already made a sale on the incorrect one, then it will be a disservice to that customer if they don't receive future updates and corrections after you hide it.

How will you handle that situation?

Thankyou for replying so quickly.

Are you 100% sure it is not against the MQL5 rules?

Also luckily no one has purchased and I've only noticed the error today (I uploaded it yesterday)

Bailey John Wickens #: Thankyou for replying so quickly. Are you 100% sure it is not against the MQL5 rules? Also luckily no one has purchased and I've only noticed the error today (I uploaded it yesterday)

Yes, I have done it myself for one of my products which I misnamed.

It will only be against the rules if you have both of them active. As long as you only have ONE active, that it is within the rules.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Yes, I have done it myself for one of my products which I misnamed.

It will only be against the rules if you have both of them active. As long as you only have ONE active, that it is within the rules.

Thank you so much for clearly that up so quickly and clearly. I really appreciate it!

Reason: