what is a trend?

I would like to hear different opinions on what a trend is. I found a definition of a trend on the internet a long time ago and I believe it is correct.

A trend is the willingness of the crowd (a pool of weak holders) to systematically lose money or sit on losses in a certain direction, caused by either news or technical events. That is, the trend is the antiphase of market expectations.

I would like to add another question. Why do trends appear?

Рынок - новости, аналитика, прогнозы по рынкам - Блоги трейдеров и аналитика финансовых рынков
Рынок - новости, аналитика, прогнозы по рынкам - Блоги трейдеров и аналитика финансовых рынков
  • www.mql5.com
Рынок — это место, где обычно происходит обмен товара на деньги или товара на товар. Если доступ на рынок свободный, то производители и потребители проводят обмен в условиях конкуренции. Существует

bilbo_b:

I would like to hear different opinions on what a trend is. I found a definition of a trend on the internet a long time ago and I think it is correct.

A trend is the willingness of the crowd (a pool of weak holders) to systematically lose money or outlive losses in any particular direction, caused by either news or technical developments. That is, a trend is the antiphase of market expectations.

It really is a very meaningful definition. For me, for example, all I understood about the trend is that it is your friend :)

Forget the term 'trend'. It's from fairy tales from the past. There are no trends, there are fluctuations.

Of course successful analysts will show you trends retroactively and find clever explanations. But you'd be surprised - you'll see the same exact trends on random wandering charts.

Grigori.S.B:

Forget the term 'trend'. It's from fairy tales from the past. There are no trends, there are fluctuations.

There is a wonderful concept in theology called ignosticism. It teaches, like the strictest logic, to answer a question only if one knows what the question is about.

Believing in a trend is like believing in God. Everyone answers the question"What is a trend?" differently, just like in religion. But there are those who contrive to say that there is no trend without having defined it before. They are like atheists that in essence do not differ from believers, only in the opposite direction.

Operating on a concept that has no definition is all lyrics.

For a constructive answer, we must at least start from the attributes of the concept: directionality and scalability (wave level).

Quit frosting the goose, Dow has said all he has to say on the subject. HH+HL, LL+LH.

Ivan Butko:
To operate with a concept that has no definition is all lyrics.

Right, no definition, no trend. It can only be in the trader's mind.

Let the one who thinks that there is a trend show how it is possible to earn on it.

Otherwise, if you use your imagination, you can think of many more price characteristics. Colour, smell ...

Grigori.S.B:

Right, no definition, no trend.

Let the one who thinks there is a trend show how it can be profited from.

Otherwise, having turned on imagination, it is possible to think up many more characteristics of the price. Colour, smell ...

Well, that's what I needed to prove. Several mistakes at once.
1. I don't know what a trend is, so it doesn't exist. But when I do, it will be there.
2. "Let whoever thinks there's a trend"... first tell him what it is, and then how to make money from it.
3. 3. "Imagination can be used to invent", signs are extracted from the phenomenon or deduced. They are not invented.

Obviously everybody understands a trend on Forex as "long up" or "long down", graphically it isa trend. And the fact that each directed movement has even smaller movements in the opposite direction, then it is scalability, or a wave level, or the relation of timeframes, on which the directionality will be opposite, it does not matter. Already two objective signs. And they should be included into the definition and we should go further from it.

And TS about readiness of the crowd (the pool of weak holders) to systematically lose money - well, this is ridiculous, pure lyric. Nice and persuasive. Makes you nod your head.

Based on the fact that this phenomenon has sparked a lively discussion, plus apparently some have even been mentally traumatised, it would be wrong to say it doesn't exist. :)

Another issue is that it really can be understood by everyone in their own subjective way.

Ivan Butko:

And TC about the willingness of the crowd (pool of weak holders) to systematically lose money - well that's ridiculous, pure lyricism. It's a good one, convincing.

There is some truth in that definition. It is evident from the fact that those who wrote this article have deep doubts that it is possible to make money on a trend. And it is also obvious that in most cases many people lose money on strong long movements.

Is there a Mirage? There is.

Where is it? In the mind of the subject. In reality it is not there.

Neither is there a trend.

• If trends existed, it would be possible to make money from them. But we do not see those who make money on trends.
  • If a trend were born as a result of fundamental factors, we would not see "trends" on the charts. But there are, and they are the same as on the real charts.

Vitaliy Maznev:
There is some truth in that definition. It is evident from the fact that those who wrote this article have deep doubts that it is possible to make money on a trend. And it is also obvious that in most cases many people lose money on strong long movements.

Do not confuse the direct meaning of words and consequences.

Pressure. It's kind of mechanical, but the pressure from a high school student kicked the ball into the side of the house and shattered the glass. But the high school student didn't squeeze the boy, he didn't even touch him. Just said something to him. But it's his fault, the bastard! That's not a fraction of the truth, that's the real truth.

That's the kind of logic you and ts have now, it has nothing to do with definitions.

Reason: